“Tired and Cold” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Thurrock M25

You added Travelodge Thurrock M25 to your Saves list
Travelodge Thurrock M25
Moto Service Area, off A1306 | Thanet Way, Arterial Road, West Thurrock, Grays Thurrock RM16 3BG, England   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in West Thurrock
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Tired and Cold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice in November. On my first visit the receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful but was brutally honest when she said "you'll have to excuse the hotel. It's a bit tired and run down" She wasn't wrong. I was in room 16. The heater barely put out any heat. You had to stand near it. Their was mould all around the bath too. Bed was comfy though.

Had I not already paid for my second trip I would have re-arranged to a different hotel. Second trip I was in room 48….this was one of 4 rooms set aside from the rest of the hotel where you have to walk through the services and down a couple of dingy corridors. Again, the room was a bit tired, the woodwork around the window was warped and coming away and again the room was freezing. As before though the staff were great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

In hindsight I would have saved the £60 and slept in my car.

Cons:

Dirty towels upon first entering room.
No batteries in tv remote.
No bulb in 2 of the lights.
Leaking tap in bathroom.
Dirty bath and shower.
Bugs on shower curtain.

Pros:

Good location in the services.

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these West Thurrock hotels

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Looks awful from the outside but once you get inside the reception staff are friendly, there is a free phone to get a taxi (which were reasonably priced) and the rooms are comfortable. Also located in a service station so close to take out restaurants and Marks and Spencers for a quick bite to eat. If I needed to stay in the area again I would defintely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Crewe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Room 49 was not one of the best, it had peeling veneer on the table area (photo taken), plate missing off the lock showing insides ( photo taken), was told it was a quite room but was by car park entrance & it had no hot water in bath/shower so had to do full body washes from the sink :-(.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here and I've got to say that it's the worst travelodge I've stayed in so far and I use travelodge quite a lot. Right where to start... the bathroom was quite dirty and could have done with a good scrub also the toilet in room 28 doesn't flush properly. Right now to sleep or rather lack of sleep and not because of the noise from outside like the website says as i was expecting to hear some noise as its a service station so i thought we might get traffic noise ect but the noise was from doors being banged and people talking and shouting as they walked past the room this is not me being picky as I've said I stay in travelodge a lot and not once have I had noise that bad that it woke me up. My one other thing was the bed it was so uncomfortable me and my boyfriend couldn't sleep got to be the worst bed we have slept in! also the pillows might as well have not even been there as they were so thin we ended up putting out coats under them and folding them in half as well. I no we could have asked for more pillows but as we was only there for one night we didnt bother.So just to some up I would not go back to this travelodge

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed in the travelodge thurrock last friday and I wasnt expecting much to be honest the hotel looked old and run down, but I was surprised , we were greated by a lovely lady who was very friendly and helped us a great deal, the hotel is old but it was very clean and tidy and for the money it was excellent value. We met 3 or 4 members of staff on our stay and they were all so friendly and so helpful willing to go that extra mile because I am told I can be a bit of pain. In all I would definitely go back and stay the night again.

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here with my family last weekend and I was rather disappointed with the state of the rooms. On first glance they look fine though tired, but when you look closer you can see that the carpets need a thorough clean and the windows have mould on them. Everything was rather dusty and I really didn't want to take my shoes off. The bathrooms were VERY poor with missing sealant and tiles. The plug hole was pretty grimey and the shower head looked gross. It's a real shame because the hallways look really good and make you think the rooms will be of a higher standard. The location isn't the best but you know exactly where it is when you book. It was very convenient for the motorway and local area. The shops above the hotel were very over priced so I don't suggest you buy food there.

The staff were very friendly and helpful when we checked in so all credit to them for that.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are desperate for somewhere to crash overnight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Thurrock M25? Share your experiences!