“Good Food and service, but prices too high for what was offered” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Good Food and service, but prices too high for what was offered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our first visit for a number of years since our previous visit was not good, but we tried it again because we had such good reports from friends who make repeated visits.
It didn't start well in that we arrived at the appointed time of our reservation to find the front desk deserted and after a few minutes when I walked further into the restaurant, a waiter was talking to another customer and remained completely oblivious to us. We only attracted his attention by returning to the front desk and pressing the intercom button on the telephone!
However, he was all smiles and apologised for the delay and immediately took us to our table, and gave us our menus. There is a fixed price dinner menu Tuesday to Thursday but the selection is not large and we couldn't all find something we liked, so we went for the a la carte choices. We had a mixture of fish dishes, and venison and steak, and all were very good. Probably not the best in the area, but certainly better than most. There is a wine list but it is quite small and not inexpensive, with 3-4 wines in red and white by the glass. We each ended the meal with a dessert or ice cream, which were good but not outstanding. Service was attentive and efficient and we didn't have to wait long between courses.
Overall, after the slip at the beginning, good service and good food. It's just that we've found better value restaurants serving better food elsewhere in the area. I'd go again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Essex Englalnd
“A very pleasant lunchtime experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Visiting Pietros today with friends proved to be a very good decision. The food was exellent and the staff were very pleasant and friendly nothing was to much trouble for them. There was no attempt to rush us and we enjoyed a very relaxing lunch.

Good value for money and very nice presentation.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, England
“Enjoyable Sunday Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Having been to Church in Stock where my wife worshipped as a child we were pleased to find Pietro's in The Square where we could have our Sunday lunch. The menu was varied and reasonably priced, the front of house welcome was good and our waitress was friendly and efficient. We both started with soup which was piping hot and very tasty. I then had a chicken with pasta and my wife had rabbit with vegetables. My chicken was disappointingly a little overcooked and on the dry side and the pasta was a little too spicy for my taste though I am perhaps being a little over critical; my wife's rabbit however was excellent - beautifully cooked, succulent and well presented. I was driving so had tonic water though my wife had a large glass of wine. We both had coffee. The total bill was only £55 and I think represented good value for money.
Next time we visit Stock I will certainly use this restaurant again and I can recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
essex
“Nice after work dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have not been here for a few years as I work in Ingatestone but rarely have a lunch break and when not at work I would not choose to return to where I work.
There were 4 of us that dined for dinner and we all had fantastic food.
The staff are very welcoming.
Would recommend

Visited April 2013
Basildon, United Kingdom
“A new find for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited the Resurant for the first time in May this year and again with frinds in early June. On both visits we found the place to have a high standard of food as well as good informed service.
The Avocado with crab was an excellent starter and we had it on both our visits. The Skate was excellent on our first visit along with the Lamb on our second, never have a dessert. Its not a cheap place to eat but the food and service as well as the venue are of a high standard. The restaurant divides in two, we found that larger parties are in the rear area so we preferred the front which contains where the drinks and desserts are prepared, and we felt was a bit quieter. The service was good and unobtrusive with the food being well presented and of a good quality, We canot comment on the wine as we do not drink it. Parking can be difficult, as there is also a Pub opposite that also has a restaurant. Fully recommend the place if you put quality first. Of couse a good everning also needs good company.

• Visited June 2013