We stayed here over the bank holiday weekend and had 2 rooms. The family who run this hotel are so friendly and pleasant. Their care and service towards the guests is faultless. Nothing was too much trouble. We ate in both nights and the food was gorgeous, freshly cooked and piping hot. Breakfast was lovely and buffet style but with the owner Bertie doing toast for people, which was lovely. Everything you could want in a room was provided - a fridge, an iron and ironing board, tea and coffee, lovely fluffy towels and toiletries and a hairdryer. The rooms were spotlessly clean and the pillows were wonderful - not to big and fat like most hotels. You may think the décor is a little dated but we thought it had a certain charm and suited the place. Free Wi-Fi was a real bonus and it worked brilliantly. If you are going to Southend you must stay at this hotel, you will love it as much as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 'AA' Rated 4-Star Guest House which combines spacious and comfortable accommodation with a prime location close to Cliffs Pavilion Theatre and Southend's Adventure Island Funfair Park. • 20 en-suite Bedrooms & 6 fully serviced Apartment Suites • Walking distance to High Street, Cliffs Pavilion & Seafront • Free Car Parking • Free Wi-Fi • Free Full English Breakfast • SKY SPORTS in all Rooms & Bar • Fully Licensed Bar & Restaurant • Less than 7 minutes drive from Southend Airport • 1/2 Price Wristbands to Adventure Island Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Ilfracombe House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilfracombe Hotel Southend On Sea
- Ilfracombe House Hotel Southend-On-Sea, Essex