“Great day out - lots of rides for the kids.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Island Fun Park is the U.K's No.1 FREE ADMISSION Fun Park. Situated on Southend-on-Sea's famous seafront we have over 40 fabulous rides and attractions including the outragous RAGE roller coaster. You don't pay to enter, you ride the rides with our great value all day ride bands.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Colchester, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
“Great day out - lots of rides for the kids.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very busy theme park - be prepared to queue for wristbands and again for rides. On the plus side lots of different rides and adults ride free with small children so you aren't ripped off by having to buy another wristband. Food and drink available in the park but as entry is free you can also choose one of the restaurants/cafes on the seafront.
Great way to spend a day wuthe the kids/ grandkids.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great day for all the family, caters for all ages with small rides for young children. I usually buy my tickets online as it's cheaper that way. Food can be costly, so a packed lunch is a good idea as there's plenty of seats to rest and eat. As I have young children, the first thing I do once I've got the tickets is ask for the safety wristbands for them which you write down your mobile number on so if the inevitable happens and one of them wonders off, they can go to a member of staff who will phone you. (in all the years I've been going, I've only managed to lose one of mine once, so it was fantastic to have that extra band on that costs nothing)

Ilford, United Kingdom
“Local Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've visited a few times and I must say I always have fun. There's loads of rides to try and enjoy for all ages. It's a smaller version of a theme park really.. There's lots of stands to win prizes on and also stands for things like spray on tattoos. The prices I think are very generous and worth a good day out. These plenty too eat near by, the beach is situated on the beach.. And there are arcades right next door.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Great day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to Adventure Island for the first time in ages on the bank holiday weekend. Southend has had a complete facelift and looks amazing. Adventure Island itself is a great day out. We bought our wristbands the night before and got £5 off each one (it must be done the day before or earlier, not valid day of). I just bought for the childrens and we then purchased some tokens too so we could ride the blue rides with out oldest. On all red and green rides, Mum or Dad ride free with each child. We have twins so we could all go on together which was brilliant. We arrived at opening and didn't have to queue for any of the rides! We walked straight on the majority or just had to wait for the next turn. It got a lot busier as the day went on so when we'd had enough we went down to the end of the pier on the train (£10 family return) The facilities were spotless, plenty of bins and lots of security guards strolling around and writing out ID wrist bands for children with parents mobile numbers on. Staff were all very friendly. Over all a fabulous day was had by everyone....the sun even shone all day!! Brilliant!!

Gravesend, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Brilliant day out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Wow wat a day the family had at adventure island today .the staff are exceptional .the rides had small queues , and the value for money is better than anywhere else ive visited. I would highly recommend it to any1 .and with free train travel its a better bargain .