“Bier here” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Clearwater, Florida
“Bier here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Cock & Bull is really in Glendale (North Cincinnati). Surrounded by mansions and rolling hills, the Cock and Bull was a pleasant surprise when I discovered it. It's like a little neighborhood tavern. Right next to the RR tracks. The international beir selection is great and fun to try all the one's you've never had. The appetizers are better than out of the box or frozen. Great pretzels and the Long Late Nighter are fav's. The fish and chips are as good as they get. Noisy like a bar should be. Great place to kick back and chill.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Go for Beer, not for brunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

As far as the beer selection, and it being a bar, it gets 4 stars.

I've come to this location a few times, namely St. Patty's day, for their 7am club. They give out free tshirts and have keg and eggs in the morning. And its right down the street from my work. They have tons of beers on tap, not really that many irish of the sorts, but whatever, its a good crossover bar.

Recently they've started doing brunch... And... its just not good. A group of 11 of us were pretty much the only ones there when we arrived at noon. (brunch is from 10-2 i guess). A group of 7, a group of 4, a group of 3, and 3 couple all came in and ate and left before we ever got our food. And thats just in the dining room area. I have no idea how many came and went in the bar area. There were 3 waitresses as well. She did great at keeping refills going and making sure coffee was fresh. The mimosa's were decent, since it was definitely not real orange juice. In fact those that ordered the OJ got it with ice in the glass... umm... ew?

I'm not really sure of how new this whole brunch thing is, but they either need to get the kinks worked out, or just scrap it. It's not good. We waited over an hour for food, as i said earlier, at least 23 people were served before us. I've worked in food service for 8 years prior, and even _I_ couldn't figure out what the heck went wrong. 3 or 4 people got their food, and it was barely warm. The cheese had congealed on top and looked like it sat for half an hour, which mind you it had been well over an hour since we ordered. We asked what was going on and the waitress got all flustered and we found out later she was crying in the back after someone came back from the restroom. The manager (i think??) came over, and said she had no idea what was going on, but she'd fix it. She asked if anyone wanted remakes, and we asked how long that would be. 20 minutes... wait what?! no one else is here?!?! And she said the food was being cooked as we speak for the rest of us. What in the world was going on in that kitchen?!

I think this was far beyond a waitress issue. This stemmed farther. Maybe even farther tan the cooks. I really have no clue. Fortunately for us, the only things we had to pay for were the bloody mary's and mimosa's we ordered. But still. It was awful. And even the remakes weren't that good, and the potatoes were still barely warm. The omelette I had was ok. At least warm, even if the cheese was still kind of solid, and not melty, at least it was hot at this point. It didn't fill me up by any means, and my stomach didn't care for it later. But this was just... I can't even describe it, awful doesn't seem to do it justice. Forunately the group had plenty to talk about to keep it from getting even more awkward.

So again, come here later in the day, for beer, not earlier, for food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The fish & chips were very good, but this place rates top billing for their draft beers. I was very happy with the variety and diversity of the different types of draft beers offered.

Visited November 2012