“Rail House AT The Iron Horse Inn .... revives and shall thrive!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sharon Road
Description: The new owners are creating a more casual and fun atmosphere for everyone. The upstairs Bourbon Lounge is open with great live entertainment. Also, with the addition of new HD tv's, our customers will be able to enjoy their favorite sports anywhere in the bar. The Main Dining room offers casual to elegant faire. The Rail House Bar offers a daily Happy Hour. All fresh ingredients.
Santa Monica, CA
“Rail House AT The Iron Horse Inn .... revives and shall thrive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The newsest owners of the old Iron Horse Inn are now calling it "Rail House AT The Iron Horse Inn". Smart move since The Iron Horse Inn is a Cincinnati landmark!!! The menu as of this day was still being tweeked .. but I gotta say - it all looks, smells and tastes like a winner!! My dinning partners and myself happened upon this newly renovated and owned landmark by accident. We planned to dine around the corner but the wait was over an hour. So on a whim we all said, "lets try the old Iron Horse - hear it has new owners.." And we did ... no wait .. although once the word is out - that wont be true much longer!! The first thing I noticed was the gold walls .. not to my liking but it did grow on me as the night went on ... our server Doug was very friendly and knew the menu well. We all had something different so we could all share! The sauces and salad dressings are all done in house. And OMG ... are they ALL delish!! The ceaser salad dressing was top notch. But my fav was the rocket salad with dried cranberries.. parm cheese shavings and candied walnuts and sliced pear! The dressing it comes with was so good .. I ended up dipping bread in it ... dipping some of my entree in it and the basically polishing it all off with my spoon. If I wasnt raised with better manners - I would have just licked the dressing dish right clean with my own tongue! Entrees ... ravioli with homemade marinara sauce was very very good - best part - the sauce!! Lamb shanks Im told were very very good. Im not a lamb lover so I have to trust my Mom (she was the lamb eater)!! My funky entree was actually listed on the menu as an appetizer .. "Oso Buco Chicken Wings". I wondered - so I asked Doug (our server) and he very thoughtfully described them to me and it sounded wonderful .. I was NOT disappointed! These babies need to be an entree! 4 huge chicken drumsticks breaded to perfection served with a not too spicey yet just sweet enough bbq sauce. My taste buds were havin one heck of a party!! AGAIN - the sauce amazing and I polished off what was left with my spoon. Desserts were lovely and I like the old fashioned way of "visual aides" with the use of a dessert tray! (so you can see every choice!) Bravo and 2 thumbs up to new owners, chef and the whole staff at Rail House At The Iron Horse Inn! A great dinner was had by all! Pass me more dressing and sauce please!!!! The bar scene upstairs looked fun and like a place to hang if you were in the bar scene mode. There looks to also be great outdoor dining once Cincinnati turns into those long summer days!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Delicious Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go to the Iron Horse for lunch only to find the site under new ownership and renamed the Rail House. We both had the cod sandwich. Cod is not my first choice when it comes to fish, but it was excellent. We chose the sweet potato fries that came with a home made catsup that my catsup disliking wife loved for its tomato flavor and bit of a zing. We couldn't pass up the sticky toffee pudding and were glad we tried it. I'd love to go back soon and try their carrot cake as it looked scrumptious. It looks like the portion is sized for a small family.

We were very pleased to see the new owners are maintaining such high standard. On a side note, take some time to explore the village square.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere