“State of the art” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hornchurch
Saffron Walden, England, United Kingdom
“State of the art”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Very well designed rooms with latest fittings. Compact bathroom with up-to-date equipment, especially the shower. The single room I stayed in was comfortable but a little cramped. Excellent breakfast in new extension. Friendly helpful service. Well placed for Hornchurch centre, though road can be noisy. Recommended.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Couldn't find a hotel suitable in Hornchurch area so looked on trip advisor and this cropped up.
The rooms are newly refurbished - amazing shower - very comfortable.
Breakfast superb.
Service very professional and perfect location near tube and centre to Hornchurch.
And no I do not own or work here !!!

Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently had to visit the UK and had to stay close to where my folks are in residential care and I was dubious to be honest about a B&B but on arrival I was very pleased with my choice. The staff were great. They were courteous and friendly and very helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble for them. My room was very adequate and with cooling nights and mornings it was warm. It was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom and I had a good supply of coffee and tea in the room, a good t.v. and plenty of wardrobe space. Because of its location on quite a busy street I thought it would be noisy but it had good double glazing and I had a good nights sleep for the five nights I was there. The breakfast in the morning consisted of a full cooked breakfast as well as a choice of cereals, fruits, dried and fresh and cheeses, croissants and breads, orange juice. It was all beautifully laid out and the breakfast very nicely cooked. I liked the added touch of the morning radio which the cook had on as I was travelling alone and it just made the trip more bearable. This hotel is only a short walk from town, where there are numerous cafes, restaurants and coffee shops, along with a large assortment stores. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Eastbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night, the hotel is excellent but for the fact that our room (4) was like a furnace! The en suite was superb except for the fact that it had a towelrail/rad that pumped out heat in excessive quantities! And if you sat on the loo, that rad was very very close to your right leg! The evening staff was very good, very helpful and breakfast was first class. Would definately visit again but perhaps not room 4 !! Oh......and the matrasses are very firm.

Room Tip: If you need a hotel in or around Hornchurch, this rates well.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I took my mum for a surprise afternoon tea. We were warmly welcomed and chose a table in the conservatory which considering the hotel is in a built up area had a nice outlook. The lady who served was very friendly & polite. We had a choice of teas to choose from, or coffee. A selection of 4 different finger sandwiches was brought first, followed by two sultan's scones each, with an accompiment of butter, jam and clotted cream. We were finally served a selection of cakes and pastries. All of the cakes & pastries were home made, and very delicious. Those we couldn't eat we brought home in a 'doggy bag'. Additional tea and coffee was offered as necessary. All in all a very enjoyable afternoon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked this B&B on the strength of the trip adviser reviews for my wife and I to attend an event in Hornchurch just around the corner from the B&B. The others attending the event used the Premier inn at Romford. The standard room I booked was very small, room 6, you could just about walk down the side of the double bed, the bathroom was miniscule, there was one small three draw unit. It may have done a business man travelling on their own but definitely not two people. Anyway I had to complain as the room was far too hot and you could not adjust the temperature. It was on a main road, so you could not have the window open. My room was changed to room 7, which was better. Still small compared with a Premier Inn but adequate. Had they not changed my room I would have left as the room was that hot.

if people are raving about this place then what must the other be like? I admit it was quiet and the beds were comfortable but I expect this as a given!

Room Tip: Don't use the standard room unless you're a single traveller, they're not big enough for...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gravesend, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed in the honeymoon suite when we got married in June. The whole experience was great. Donald and his staff were so friendly and made us feel so welcome. We had quite a few of our friends and relatives staying in the hotel and they all enjoyed the overall experience also. We just wanted to thank you all so much for everything from the lovely room with flowers and chocolates to the fantastic choice of breakfasts to choose from. we will definitely be recommending you and your hotel to friends and family in the future. thanks again. x

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Devonshire Hotel? Share your experiences!