“Great find” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 90 Restaurants in Hornchurch
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Traditional Family and Child friendly Italian eaterie. Classic setting, with an informal cozy and relaxed ambience . The restaurant is popular for friends and family as well as for an intimate meal in romantic surroundings by candlelight . A set menu is available and offers great value, as well as a very well priced drinks list that has a good selection of Italian wines and beer. Children are always more than welcome.
London, United Kingdom
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We got fed up waiting for drinks at Prezzo so walked around the corner to this restaurant instead. We had a very pleasant surprise. The whole place was warm, unlike Prezzo, and the staff were very attentive and friendly. My husband enjoyed prawns and a pizza and I had a pasta dish. All in all we were delighted to find this restaurant, on our doorstep. We will be going again - you can't beat a good one off Italian place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

You will have to go a long way to find a better restaurant. Hornchurch has a large number of restaurants for it's size but none come close to beating this pace for quality of food and service.
There is a lunch menu with set two ro three course meals with a glass of wine which are fantastic value. A specials board which has starters and main course options. They aslo do pizza's which are cooked fresh.
The service is fantastic whether you are a couple or a family all are made welcome. If you normally eat at another restaurant then try this for a change. You will wonder why you haven't been here before. Give it a try, you wont regret it.

essex
“Bellissimo!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a really wonderful Valentines meal with excellent entertainment performing some favourite standards, my kind of stuff. We have been to this restaurant a few times, some good, some not so good, but this evening was the best yet. The food was delicious, I had the Tagliolini Granchio Zucchine, wonderful! They had succeeded in generating a lovely, romantic party mood. There was a real buzz. We even had a dance. Well done for getting it just right.

Sorry to just add a small moan though. My husband made the booking for a Valentine surprise but as it is also his birthday, I rang the restaurant to inform them to make it a bit special for him, the manager told me to mention it to the waiter. I had to mention it to the waiter twice during the evening, nothing! At the end of the evening when the singer was finishing I again had to nudge the waiter and only at that point was anything said or done. I do appreciate they were very busy but we were on the second sitting and things had quietened down a lot. I have reviewed this restaurant before owing to the less than pleasant evening on my own birthday. The owner kindly contacted me on reading the review and apologised and we had subsequent nice evenings there.

I really like this restaurant it has the best atmosphere in Hornchurch but they obviously have a problem with birthdays. It would not stop us dining there again but I would be cautious for any special occasions. Having said that, I now have a dilemma for next year’s Birthday/Valentines, especially as it’s my husband's 70th, but I so enjoyed the Valentines evening, that it's down to whether I love him or me the most!

London, United Kingdom
“Molto Bene!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just returned from our umpteenth visit to this little local gem. We've been visiting this authentic Italian restaurant since it opened its doors a few years ago, and every visit has been simply perfect. From the food, variety of choice, ever-changing specialities and overall welcome and cheer received from its'staff to name but a few reasons why we return here time and again. we've visited for lunch and dinner, with a toddler and now a newborn and every time the staff could not have been any less welcoming :) Its my Birthday next month, can't wait for another reason to return here to celebrate!! Semplicimente bella!!

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Really tasty and enjoyable Italian food plus lovely family atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our son chose Due Fratelli for his birthday and we were not disappointed in any way.

The seafood and other meals, as usual were great and the atmosphere and service make it a very enjoyable experience. The owner and staff are very friendly, engaging and kind/generous to ladies and children . Will go back again very soon ( without the car ) and try the barolo wine and hopefully a couple more Limoncello's !

Our favourite restaurant and great value too !