We stayed at this hotel for one night at the end of a 2500 mile journey around the UK. The young staff where so accommodating, organising for us to get our washing done as we flew the next day, helping us to print off boarding passes and organising an early takeaway breakfast for us to have in the car on the way to Stanstead. The food from the restaurant was outstanding and the service warm, knowledgable and friendly. The owner is very lucky to have such great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starr first opened it's doors in the 15th century as a coaching in on the Suffolk to London route. In the court yard we have converted the old stable block into a comfortable 8 bedroom hotel all with en-suit bathrooms & free WI-FI. Our first class locally sourced breakfast is served in the restaurant where you sit surrounded by the exposed oak beams of the original inn.The Starr is only 15 minutes drive from Stansted airport making in the ideal place for that overnight stop or short break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your The Starr Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Starr Hotel Great Dunmow
- The Starr Inn Great Dunmow, Essex