“The finds keep on coming” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“The finds keep on coming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I visited The Spotted Dog one Thursday evening with my wife for dinner. I was looking for somewhere we hadn't been before, and came across the restaurant using Trip Adviser. A very friendly greeting awaited us and from that moment on, the evening just got better. The restaurant was full giving it a really nice atmosphere, but the star of the show was the food. All the dishes were beautifully cooked and seasoned, each one had bags of flavor, but you could really tell that the ingredients were top quality, with my personal favorite being the liver, a simple dish but brilliantly executed. By now we were full, but having had a great experience so far we could not resit trying the deserts. It was so delicious I wanted another, it really was that good. This just left the bill! and all I can say is that considering what we ate and the quality of the food I would not have been surprised had it come to a lot more than it did. We will be going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Lovely setting & great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely setting, there are not that many tables so its nice and intimate. The food was amazing, the staff very friendly and not overly attentive. Will definitely be re visiting.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Eaten here a few times, the food is always of excellent quality. Staff / owners are always friendly, nice place to go for lunch or a special occasion. Well worth a visit

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
“Superb village pub with restaurant food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Just moved into area & read reviews. Wow, what a find. Superb pub/restaurant with GREAT food and service. Lovely atmosphere and good selection on the menu. Would personally like to see more guest ales but def go back again very soon as could well be my new local. Great staff.

Visited May 2013
essex
“lovely family meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a great meal here on Saturday night to celebrate my dad's birthday. The lady who served us (I think she runs the place with her husband) even overhead it was my dad's birthday and arranged for his dessert to be decorated.

We all loved our food, the meat and fish dishes were very succulent and tasty and you get a good serving of potatoes and vegetables to shared. There was a good range of options to choose from and some lovely desserts (my sister said the coffee cheesecake was the best she had ever tasted) We will definitely be back again !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere