“Need new staff !!!” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Amusement
3 attraction reviews
“Need new staff !!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Well we have been here a few times now as the staff just get worse and worse . My boys love the actual soft play part and the slides and its the only reason I take them there . The lady who works on the canteen is the worst member of staff I have ever come across anywhere in a place designed for children . Her miserable face is just constantly looking at Facebook on her phone and tuts when she gets interrupted and asked for something . The cleanliness is terrible and I always take a bottle of alcohol hand rub with me without fail . I don't mind a bit of dirt it's not always a bad thing for children but when my 7 month old son puts his hands in. A unexplained puddle of liquid in the baby's section and on asking the staff what it is and to get told oh I don't know it could be cleaning fluid ( could have fooled me by the state of the floor :-/ ) or it could be a leak from the roof !!! I was shocked and asked which it is as cleaning fluid or filthy water could be very dangerous if my baby had put his hands in his mouth before I had got to him to wash and sanitise them ! He just shrugged and stomped off to come back with a rag that looked like it had been used to wash a car it was that black and just wiped the floor . And walked of and left the rag on top of the little merry go round in there . He then went and started moaning to the miserable one who works in the canteen . I made my views very clear once I saw him
Point at me and they both scarpered off . We did not and never do eat here as everything is served with fried chips which personally I'm
Not a fan of and neither are my children when the plate is swimming in grease. they only serve white bread when I asked . My son is very fussy and will only eat seeded but will eat brown if needed but no they didn't sell brown :-/. When I pulled out my Baby's food I was told I could not feed him in the canteen as I hadnt bought it there . I explained that he had to have special food due to allergies but was just tutted at an told that was the rules . I said that's fine do you have anything guaranteed but free and dairy free and was told no ! Needless to
Say I will not be returning as there are many soft play areas that are not that far away that are a lot more accommodating

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Terrible .. Stay Away .. or get disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I just wanted to enjoy some time with my children and their friends, 4 children in total, they charged
the adults £2 each plus £6.40 or £6.50 each child, THEY DO NOT GIVE ANY MEAN OR RECEIPT !!!!!! we went to play in and I found it very basic with one massive thing they call it few names to make it appear many games while in fact it it one single thing going two floors I believe, at one side it got slides other side it got balls and like that kiddy thing, I witnessed a number of kids who were coming down from that thing crying and putting their hands to their noses or heads or faces, they bump on the columns of that thing, it supposed to be soft for kids but when I touch it I found it pretty hard, what about a running child hitting his face in there!!

Next we went to that Go Kart car games, we were few there so we took our turn then our four kids went on two rides as each car has two seaters, we were the only ones at the time, so I personally was happy my children can play as much as they like, but after the second ride the worker there came off the attraction place ans didn't give the kids any more coins to use and
I found ourselves being kicked out with no word said, we left and he just locked the door after us!!! I was astonished with such a behaviour and as I never been there I asked my friend what was that, she smiled and said not to let the kids play over & over again!! I said What!! but we are here for them to play over & over & even Over again otherwise why did we come here they stated in No Where a limited rides and it's NOT a busy time we were the only ones there!!!!

After that we went to the baby area to explore, and give some fun to my 7 month old baby, I think they never try to wash the baby mats!! All the toys that are battery operated had no batteries or was not working (the many I tried at least), I thought what a joke they cannot afford to insert batteries in there!! When I been to the NHS A&E kids waiting area all the toys had batteries & were working and making lots of noise while inside A&E Department that is full of ill kids, but when I go into Attraction place that is actually dedicated in kids activities and fun I cannot spy a single toy working ?!?!?!?!

The seats outside the babys' area were dirty with crisps or so and no one bothered to do one minute job with a hoover to clean it, no stuff is employed to supervise the children in no where there, so with many screams & crying noises around I found myself jumping every few minutes and calling for my kids to check if they were just ok!

Then we went back into the Go Kart area, thankfully there was a different chap that time who was pleasant and we had some more rides, but then he said we are closing at 5 so this is the last ride, we pushed it to one more after the last, but .. hey, this place supposed to close at 6 not 5!!!!! Also there were 3 cars standing ( as the pic. on their website shows 3 cars running on the track ) and others standing but seemed to be not running, however they allowed only two cars to run that I found to be weird.

Their website shows nice & colorful outdoor playing area, but I couldn't see anything near to that when we went there, only few horrible looking toys standing outside like a haunted area in a horror movie!! I had to look to the lovely sun and the bright sky to remind myself that I was not inside that horror movie! Any public FREE kids playing area is thousand times better than that called Garden Play area .. and .. hey I didn't see any GARDENS!!!!!

It was 5 PM, and it was only 8 of us there, the stuff started to clean around, mop, hoover and even close places, they even closed the baby area and turned off the lights !!!!!!
This place is expected to close at 6 PM not 5 PM as they state on their own website, they even stated last admission is 5 PM so this place should not turn a single light off as long as there are customers in the place before 6 PM !!! Any way we went to their cafeteria to buy some (worthless) snacks just because the kids fancied and not to break their little hearts because of our wiseness, I just agreed to go for it, but you wont imagine what !! Turned up paying £15 in Worthless things, they provide
(NO) Receipt for what you purchase, no idea what did I pay for, they accept no cards, cash only, and the woman in there asked the children to place up the things they choose in a tough way that made me wonder if we are standing in a prison or in a cafeteria inside (Kids Play Area), oh and that's not all yet, read next, my son (5 year-old) fancied to get one of their silly red straws they are displaying as a bunch in a cup, just a child mind thing, I asked for one, the man in there with tough face staring at me & asking what for ? (excuse me?) he then hold up one of the juice boxes we bought and started to show me that it includes a straw with it! I said the child wants one he fancies to have one, he said no, we don't give then he said I can give of those and got a black straw and gave it to me, which my son didn't like and instead he asked if he could get instead another white one that usually goes with the soft drinks, the man said no we don't give them alone, I have just paid £15 in nothing to mention and you cannot spare a total silly piece of plastic for the child sake?! me & my friend paid £4 to just stand there to supervise our children and even pay more for your terrible snakes and you cannot give one straw?? I was really angry at the point, had enough ? no no read next !! I looked at the kids and said sit down to eat while the place is full of tables, and guess what, the man & the woman there said no you cannot eat here .... GRRRRRRRR WHY ???? He said we are closed!!!!! ( ah they mopped and wanna keep it clean) I said you close at 6 o'clock not now, they shut up for a seconds then the woman said you can use the tables at that area ( the ones placed on top of the carpet not the ones placed on top of the floor that they just moppe .. Ah and it is two steps only away from where we were going to sit!) At that point I was Really foaming GRRRR.....
but I shut myself up as I could see no one responsible there to speak with, most of the staff were rude & careless with stony faces and tough behaviours, not a single employee there hanged a card with their name on which reflects that the management of that place do not care if you have a complaint and will not bother to name whoever bothers you!

If there is Any Consumer Rights in this country how come you are leaving such a place running in this way? Where is the law of purchases I give you money you give me proof receipt? Where is the Safety of the children with dirty places, hard columns and No supervision! Where is my right to stay & play until the stated time which is 6 PM comes then After that they can close the attractions and rooms & turn off the lights & hoover & clean as much as they like AFTER I leave and not Before?! If they wanna go home early that is none of my business, if they cannot put a smile on their faces then they should not work in KIDS places, if they cannot speak & deal gently with children then they MUST NOT exist in any KIDS Attractions Places.

Do not go there if you wish to Enjoy with your child, believe me watching cartoon and eating home made pop corn will give you & your child more joy!

Visited April 2014
chingford
5 attraction reviews
“HIGH PRICES, LOW QUALITY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I have been on and off over the last eight years. Been to a few birthday parties and it is dirty there. If your party is in a room with windows they are full of cobwebs, my son has pointed the dirtiness out since he was 4. The climbing area is large and well liked and that's why I have been. The food is not good, some things like pies they have had on their wall menu for years but they say they don't do them when you ask....can't be asked to wipe it off I suppose. Don't have coleslaw with anything either, the last time I did it was so watery and tasteless, could nt believe they had the nerve to sell it. Still charge for the adults to come in, bloody cheek as the money definetely don't get used for cleaning/updating and we have to supervise our kids, can't come in without us! They would make more money if parents were included in the price as we would bring other family members to chat to etc while in the cafe spending money. When my son had his 2nd birthday I booked ground floor room that opens up in the secure soft play area, then they must have had a better offer as they later said your upstairs! Too dangerous for toddlers up there,and not practical carrying kids up and down them stairs outside of their play area, was disgusted, eventually got my money back after arguing then they kept a fiver back. This made me even more angry, they thought they were entitled to some compensation. I reminded them that we had a verbal contract and they broke it, a women then sheepishly got me my fiver from the till....no shame. I booked paradise Wildlife Park and had a lovely party there.

Visited November 2013
essex, uk
3 attraction reviews
“we enjoyed it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hi there , I have been there twice now for my grandsons birthday parties and have to say we didn't find it anything like the last review , the kids thoroughly enjoyed it, the food for the first party was excellent and there was more than enough, included lots of fruit too. The guy who done the party was rushed off his feet and was trying to do two at the same time , but he stayed calm and pleasant . The second party , there wasn't as much food but was still plenty. I do know that one of the owners recently passed away , and he was a lovely guy .
The outside playground could do with being renewed but other than that , we found it fine and the kids loved it . The toilets were clean .

Visited September 2013
Harlow, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
“Vile & Dangerous - AVOID!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Kids Korner looks appealing as it has an outside that opens in summer and is quite big inside. However, it's the worst place to bring a child! It is absolutely filthy, everywhere. It's costs a fortune to get in, including charging adults! The toys in the baby area all need throwing or sterilising. When they had jelly mountain, I found all sorts in the ball pool, socks, broken plastic spoons, bits of food...clearly never got cleaned.

Now when I took my children 5 years ago, my baby daughter was crawling around in the play area. She put her hand on a shard of glass. Thankfully it never pierced her skin. There was also more glass left around. (I hope to find my old phone and post the pictures). I took her straight out and asked to speak to a manger. I was told by the rude woman on reception that he wasn't available. I made my complaint and she done nothing but blame a parent for letting their child take something glass in there. I asked for my money back but was refused that too. She eventually gave me a number for the manager and she told me he is rude and will tell me to **** off, I was in shock. We left immediately. I wrote to the manager but as expected, didn't hear a thing back.

So, 6 years had passed and I thought maybe it had changed. But no, still overpriced, still the same rude/miserable staff on reception and in the canteen. Still smells and you leave stinking of chip fat. Still the same filthy toys and shabby outdoor play area. The toilets are just as vile. The only new thing was they had go karts and surprise surprise, they wasn't working the day we went.

Will never be returning. The place should be closed down or under new management. Absolutely rotten place.

Visited March 2013