“Discussing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Horndon
London
“Discussing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night. The hotel is a disaster, it is cheap but you do not get what you pay for. On arriving they had my booking wrong and said I did not book a breakfast bag even though it clearly said so on my printed out recipe, they were also unable to tell me in reception where I could park my car outside saying they 'thought it would be ok'. Once getting into my room I was confronted with a dirty bathroom. There was dried shower gel on the tiles making it very clear the room had not been washed. These was grass in the sink plughole and pubic hair in the bath! Not nice. The bed did not have a mattress protector on it and the couch was falling to pieces.
The next morning I discovered that my two colleagues who were in other rooms had no not water either.
A final thing I would say is that the hotel is impossible to find. It is hidden away behind a little chef and Harvester with poorly lit signs and if you pass it you have to go all the way back down the duel carriageway and find somewhere to turn. Very frustrating.
The only plus I could give for the hotel was that the rooms were warm.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Poole, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed for one night (Thursday) whilst visiting family in the area. Have to say at £19 this was great value, staff were polite and friendly and we did sleep well. Was just disappointed with basic cleanliness of the room though I have to say I did come armed with some anti-bac wipes after reading previous reviews, wish I'd brought some mattress protectors also after seeing the state of the sofa bed mattress which we couldn't avoid seeing, as we had to set this up ourselves for the children. There were broken crisps and some sort of silicone pad stuck on it. Also the bath was grubby with a rusty plug hole and the air vent above the shower was thick with fluff and dust. Anyway you can see for yourselves from my photos and make your own judgement.

Had a very nice evening meal and breakfast at the little chef next door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these East Horndon hotels

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We have stayed at this Travelodge three times in total whilst visiting our son and his family. Although basic, we count ourselves lucky not to have experienced the problems of some other guests.
The third time was 22nd December for one night and the standard seeemed to be higher - in the room we had anyway. It was clean, warm and comfortable and we both slept well.
The receptionist was friendly and helpful.
Hope the improvements continue.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Swaffham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

OMG! What a nightmare! The room was cold, stains on the carpet, unsavoury unidentifiable deposits on the sofa. 3 in the morning a crowd of rowdy men outside my window! I was so scared and even considered calling the police. Noises in the corridor and was frightened that someone would attempt to get in my room. Did not sleep after that and I had to face a days work!
I complained to the receptionist on checking out and she said that the manager would call me. Needless to say I have not received the call. Also complained on travelodge website and although they have acknowledged it - no one has contacted me.
I have booked to stay the on 11th but now have the problem of cancelling it and getting my money back.
In my opinion this lodging should be closed or advertised as noisy poor quality dwelling and not suitable for single females!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

See "Disgusting Hotel" below....I and my wife were there for 3 nights over exactly the same period, 18th to 20th October 2012.
Terrible noise from partying girls all bloody night in the rooms above.
Got so pissed off on third night that I checked out a 2am and drove all the way home to Blackpool in the small wee hours after only about 3 hours sleep for 3 nights in a row.
Have written a letter of complaint to head office, I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

Room Tip: Go to Premier Inn, there's one not far down the A127
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Brentwood East Horndon, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Rob R,

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment on this occasion.

We would like to fully investigate your concerns. To assist us, please visit our main Travelodge website and use the ‘Contact Us’ form to provide us with full details of your issues and your booking number.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

1st task after arriving at the hotel was to remove make up from the tiles in the bathroom, which quite obviously had not been cleaned in some time.
Dubious stains on bed settee, no mattress protectors, cobwebs all round room, mould in bathroom.
First night, was woken at 12.45am by drunken group of older men, singing, shouting slamming doors continued for several hours, problem is, reception is not manned, so no one to complain to, could not even find a telehone number on any paperwork to ring to complain. In the end we complained next morning to reception staff, who in fairness were very apologetic, and moved us to another room.
Second night, returned to our room at around 10,45pm, our corridor was full young girls shouting, banging, slamming doors, continued until around 3.30am, then started again at 6.00am.
Budget hotels, I expect facilities to be basic, I don't expect breakfast, but when I pay for somewhere to sleep, I do expect to be able to sleep, maximum of 6 hours sleep over two nights.
I will never stay in a Travelodge again, sorry Travelodge, you have lost my custom, next time it will be Premier Inn, where I have never had the need to complain.

Room Tip: If you are booking a room for sleep, don't bother with this hotel, because sleep is impossible...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Amanda P,

West (is best) london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked a few weeks in advance and it was £70.00 for a Family room which means also contains a sofabed. No breakfast included in that either.
I have stayed in fantastic bed and breakfast for less money.

1. The corridors smelt stale and musty.
2. Room was musty
3. Light bulb was blown in the centre light
4. Mould happily growing on the window and a bit on the shower
5. Lovely display of spiders webs in the window

When we requested another room, we were told that there were no others and a member of staff kindly sprayed air freshener around.
No expense spared on the toiletries either we had toilet paper and soap.

This place reminded me of student digs.
Staff were pretty good considering what they had to work with.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else?
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Brentwood East Horndon, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear drainrat,

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment on this occasion.

We would like to fully investigate your concerns with cleanliness and state of repair. To assist us, please visit our main Travelodge website and use the ‘Contact Us’ form to provide us with full details of your issues and your booking number.

We can then liaise with the Hotel Management team and provide a resolution.

Been to Travelodge Brentwood East Horndon? Share your experiences!