“Successful charity event” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 132 Restaurants in Clacton-on-Sea
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Diners at The Ocean Restaurant can enjoy an exciting menu of high quality, homemade food that specialises in grilled dishes and fish. Or why not try your hand at cooking your own food at the table on hot stones? Whether you are partial to prawns, have a weakness for steak, or find ribs irresistible, there is sure to be a choice for you. Top and tail your meal from our selection of homemade starters and desserts.
essex
“Successful charity event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I held a charity dinner/dance here in March for 50 guests. From start to finish I was extremely impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness of the manager Daniel. We were given an amazing choice of courses all of which sounded delicious!! Daniel also provided me with the details of a singer for,the evening who was fantastic entertainment. Having to serve 50 guests with a range of meals over 3 courses i would imagine is no mean feat and I can honestly say I anticipated a couple of hiccups.....I should have had more faith....all of our meals were absolutely delicious and not one of my guests had anything but praise! The staff were so helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble, we held a raffle whilst they moved out tables to allow for a dance area. All in all it was a brilliant evening, I didn't have to worry about anything other than having fun with my guests all details were taken care of by Daniel and his staff. If you're looking to hold a function or just popping out for a meal, this is definitely the place to go!!!!

• Visited March 2013

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic and real home made tasting food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Well as they say "don't judge a book by its cover" this couldn't be more true for this fantastic restaurant.
From the outside it just looks like another one of those basic hotel restaurants hidden in the bottom of the building. But please don't be fooled by the outside appearance. Once you step in you know you really have made the right choice. It is warm welcoming and very clean and well presented. The service was perfect and the food I can honestly say was the best restaurant food I have had in at least a year. The food was amazingly presented and was so full of flavour. It truly tasted fresh and home made. We had five people in our party and every one of us commented on how amazing the food was. The food portions were big, the value was great, we each had a main meal with sides and desserts including soft drink and coffee's and the bill only came to £48. I would have been happy paying double that for the amazing food we ate.

The restaurant was very clean and that included the toilets too which can normally let a restaurant down. We will, without a doubt be going again and I highly recommend you go too.

So glad we found this place.

• Visited June 2013
London
“BEST FOOD IN CLACTON.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Enjoyed an excellent dining experience here on Sunday. Great food ,excellent service and a fantastic offer all combined for the best food we ate in Clacton the entire weekend(that includes the over rated arroy Thai restaurant).I had an excellent roast and my partner had fish and chips which were both exceptional. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone looking to eat in Clacton.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, England
“Stopped in for a quick bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stopped in with the other half for a quick bite and the restaurant was closed it was about 7.30ish but the bar was open and then were serving snacks and bar foods. We were seated straight away and we ordered a ploughmans and chips to share there was loads of food and the quality was outstanding will definitely visit again and recommend to friends.

Visited April 2013
Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception here and it was perfect.
The staff were fantastic and did everything that we had asked them to and the food was amazing.
We cannot thank them enough.
I would highly recommend The Ocean to anybody :)

• Visited April 2013