“Atrocity!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Clacton-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Atrocity!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was absolutely appalled with the hospitality of the owner of this hotel. When we first arrived he demanded we had not paid, we were unsure but he had a massive go at us which he didn't need to do! Then if matters couldn't get worse, we could not view the tv from our bed. In the morning we were relaxing in bed at 10.00, when we had a VERY rude hard banging on our door and a man yelling that we needed to be out by half 10. How is this hotel still allowed to run?? It's an absolute abomination that this man is allowed to be in the hotel business!!!!!!!!!! I felt like I was treated like a common animal...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Luton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

when we arrived owner was grumpy to say the least i know it was only £40 pound for the night but he had heating troubles and it was the day it was 30 degrees the breakfast was nice but i would not go there again or recommend it .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Clacton-on-Sea hotels

Harlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have recently visited this hotel and although very wary of going after having read the previous reviews, the look and price seemed worth the effort. Myself and my daughter were having a cheap girlie weekend and thought we would give it a try. The rooms were very clean and tidy and had a home from home feel, the gentleman who greeted us was very inviting and welcomed us with a smile and we instantly felt comfortable. Although the rooms are not en-suite the location of the bathroom and toilets are within easy reach and are clean and kept to a good standard. The bar area in which you can relax and enjoy has a TV and is warm and welcoming. This hotel made our weekend and we would definitely go again and would recommend that you try it especially as it is right near the beach and pier and is very cheap. The Breakfast was superb too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner booked this hotel as a cheap place to stay for a driving course I was taking, firstly I fully agree with the first three comments above. To start off with we were greeted very rudely by a man who appears not to know the meaning of a friendly smile, apart from being rude he had no sense of the requirements of his job. After he finally found out the room we where staying in he walked us down a uncleaned hallway. After we lugged our bags up three flights of stairs we finally reached our door. Hoping for something a little bit more co-habitable we were welcomed to a hot and sticky box room with a double bed touching each side of the walls, the smell was enough to make your eyes water. Next time we stay in Clayton we have picked a bench that boasts better facilitys

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had booked with this hotel on Friday and thought that it looked ok from the photos but do not be fooled this place is filthy , our sheets had stains all over them,the man that runs the hotel was not very friendly and there is NO TOILET OR SHOWER in the rooms, the view is awful but the thing that bothered me the most was how disgusting the place was, it looked like the place had not been cleaned for YEARS... I felt like I could not breath it was so dirty. I would not allow my dog to sleep in this place,I do not rate it at all and think that it should be shut down,,,I am unable to submit this unless I rate it so I will just give it one although it does not deserve anything.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Welwyn Garden City, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I booked this hotel with my daughter and payed £20 per person. went cheap and chearfull so didnt expect much but did expect it to be cleaned. my room was filthy, carpet not hoovered, dust everywear and dirty bed linen, the whole place smelt a bit. Needs a good clean and updating. cant comment on breakfast as i didnt want to risk it. the only good thing was the location, right near the see front, near to the pier.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I booked a single room as I needed to be in the area early the next day. Price quoted £24 Included breakfast. Room described as having TV & DVD player. Wi-Fi available for free in all rooms.
Except for the bed, there was barely enough room to stand once the door was closed. A radiator next to bed that was on full and could not be turned off . Cables and an empty bracket were the TV should have been . No explanation or apology from the 'proprietors'. I booked cheap and cheerful so would have been ok, if I could have at least accessed the wi-fi to get a little work done or access emails as I had no Cellphone signal from 02 while in the building. This room was worth about £15 for the night and I am being serious. Pictures taken , decide for yourself !!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel