“Lovely site” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
You added Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts to your Saves list
Belsize Avenue | Jaywick, Clacton-on-Sea CO15 2LF, England   |
Hotel deals
Essex
“Lovely site”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

So its next to Jaywick, so what? the staff are lovely and although we didn't get to stay the whole weekend due to the impending storms we have a nice time. The caravan was lovely and clean, as was the site. The swimming pool is small but they have a booking system which works fine. The highlight for me was having Dave Finnegan from the Commitments do a set .... this was luck more than anything. I will be going back next year for a short break again. Enjoyed my very short stay there. And my 7 year old did too. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your excellent Review.

You will be happy to know the storms didn’t impact us as much as we had thought. We are happy that you enjoyed the facilities and that you got to see the Dave Finnegan perform.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2014.

01255 820 372

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have stayed at martello beach all season this year in our tourer and me my husband and 2 children love it we have made lots of new friends the kids have had much more freedom than usual as its nice and safe for children with the pool arcade and club all under one roof with the park just opposite if we have had any problems bianca from the office has done her absolute best to resolve it she also comes down to the touring field to make sure everybody is ok and i have never had that at any of the other park resorts and she just makes everyone feel very welcome and we will definitely be back next year :-)

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your kind review.

The whole team cannot wait to see you and the family again this year and hope the weather is kind to us like last year.

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My main point is to please ignore comments about drive through Jaywick to get to site! THIS IS NOT SITES FAULT!! they have no control over how the local area looks! (However Park Resorts should do something to rectify part of it, ie sign posting & directions! As we came in via the front next to old amusements & up wee promenade!! Pleasant!) Otherwise was like driving through Beirut!! Park was EXTREMELY QUIET when we were here....out of season granted but been to many PR parks at this time of year & never encountered this before! We stayed for one week in a Platinum Caravan & was nice but more like Gold/plus. Cannot comment on any of the team from management to bar staff to entertainment as no one was ever there! Swimming didn't open till 3pm on Sunday but did not say so on leaflet/brochure! Kids were disappointed! Spent a day travelling around the other PR parks & for me I would definitely recommend the Naze Marine resort for a stay! It's where I'll book if I ever come back! Think Park Resorts should look at why loads of their parks are popular & incorporate into this one!! Disheartening to say the least!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the Review.

Thanks to your feedback, we have been in touch with the local council in regards to signage and we now have a new sign along our own, so this will hopefully improve the directions to Martello Beach. The team were very happy to read your kind comments and would like to thank you.
At times, we do need to close certain facilities, on this occasion it was due to the pool temperature dropping over night but was quickly rectified. We are sorry that you feel Martello Beach didn’t reach your expectations but we do hope you would return in the future.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

our time at martello beach was fantastic,the caravan was lovely, new,clean,well equiped,the kids loved the pool and facilities!!! the staff and accomodation manager were all very pleasant couldnt ask for a friendlier bunch of staff....loved it so much were booked to go again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for an amazing review.

We are happy that everything was perfect with your stay at Martello Beach and the team would like to thank you for your kind comments and cannot wait to see you and the family again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just got back from 9 night trip to martello beach . Had a great time as usual , very relaxing. Staff always friendly, even some staff we had not met before came and chatted to us. I was suprised when I read about the bar manager not being friendly as he as always been nice and catty to myself and partner. Thanks to all staff . And a special mention to the lovely lady who looks after the touring toilet block .

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for an amazing review.

The team are always happy to read they have done their job right in making your time with us at Martello Beach as fun and safe as it ever could be.

We look forward to seeing you in 2014.

Hatfield Hertfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

stayed here in september 2013 caravan was great got upgraded which was a bonus staff very helpful and friendly site clean and tidy .all in all we had a great time and would go back again it was very quite on site which suited us there was ducks around the site which was great to see.

Anne

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for an amazing review.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Martello Beach and you were lucky enough to get an upgrade, which we always try and do for our customers.

The wildlife around us is very varied and the ducks are always on patrol for your left over bread!

We look forward to seeing you and the family again soon.

Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We booked this for the first week of Sept 2013 as one of those SUN newspaper holidays purely for something to do with the little one cheaply (as summer hols are long and get expensive). I was not really pushed for the idea of Clacton but my partner was born in Essex (moved to Ireland very young) and wanted to try that side of England to see what it was like.
So off we went... well the drive up to this place through Jaywick scared the life out of me, it reminded me of a mad max thunderdrome scenes lol. My partner mentioned seeing something on telly saying it was one of the poorest area's around, we were worried but on arrival we soon realised there was no need to be.
We got there a couple of hours early as the traffic had been in our favour I worried as the check in details had said you could NOT check in early so I was a little worried as my son is Autistic and cant cope with waiting around, luckily I had explained this to the park previously and our caravan was ready for us early, the staff were very friendly and quick with the check in they also up-graded us to a better caravan.
The caravan itself was great very clean and well equip inside (was a little bit of litter outside by the steps in though-which I did mention when we checked out).
The park was easy to navigate and we made friends with the family next to us.
My son loved the arcade as it was right next to the entertainments room so he was near enough for us to keep a check on him but he felt like he was getting a little freedom to go off with his new friend.
The food in the restaurant was a little below par very small portions for the money, the bar prices for drinks was a little inflated -but I suppose that's to be expected.
The entertainment was average but we were just outside of peak season so I can imagine it would be better at peak times although the kids part was very good if you have children that like to join in(mine doesn't as his social skills are a bit lacking due to his Autism).
They did have a crew member there called dean though who did a very good vocalist show, and they had karaoke one night (always a must for us northern lasses).
The pool was ok, my son is a water baby so anything's good to him but I found it a little on the small side for such a big park and the water was in my opinion freezing).
The beach was literally 2 minutes walk from the site which was a bonus, and my partner found a pleasant little pub up the road to slip of to whilst I sunbathed and the little one played in the sand/sea.
The main town of Clacton was about 12 minutes drive up the road and was a reasonably pleasant place (not a rough looking as Jaywick), we found a wonderful petting Zoo there for the small price of £3.00 my son loved feeding and stroking the animals and we spent nearly an hour there when I had expected us to be in and out in 15 min's (I'd advise anyone with small children to check this out). The pier was ok rides were costly though but there was a little sealife place there which once you'd paid a couple of quid to go in you could go back as many times with your receipt.
The weather was excellent that week which added to our enjoyment and we made a few great friends on our evenings in the showbar (their entertainments room).
Overall it well exceeded my expectations for the £123 it cost us, definitely genuine value for money and I expect we will be going back there.
Hope you found this helpful, any questions you have I'd be happy to answer.

Room Tip: We made friends with people in varying grades of caravan, personally I'd suggest anything silver...