“Martello beach holiday park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
You added Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts to your Saves list
Belsize Avenue | Jaywick, Clacton-on-Sea CO15 2LF, England   |
Hotel deals
A TripAdvisor Member
“Martello beach holiday park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very friendly and helpfull staff clean and tidy vans and park. Entrance to park could be better signposted. but overall a very nice park. The beach is only a short walk away and the town centre is only a short drive away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hello and thanks so much for your comments. It means a lot to us that you have recognised our cleanliness and friendliness as our staff work extremely hard to maintain high standards and ensure that we help create amazing memories for all our guests. I will certainly pass on your feedback about the signage leading to the park onto the relevant team to address. We hope to welcome you back on-site soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hindley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We'd been here before so knew what to expect, we only go there to see relatives and only use the Sun cheap holiday offer (£9.50 per person min of 4). I'd prepaid for linen but it wasn't provided but I went to reception and it was sorted immediately. They also sorted a blind for the bathroom window. Excellent service. The restaurant however was another matter, took ages to order, ages to arrive and I'd ordered an all day breakfast which had sausages (plural) and rashers (plural) but I only got one of each. We complained and the waitress brought an additional sausage and rasher of bacon but I had nearly finished by then. We didn't get any garlic bread with the lasagna either. Small things but they matter. The caravan was tired but serviceable for a couple of nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Barbara and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. It is lovely to hear that you are a returning guest, and that you choose to stay here when visiting family in the area. I was pleased to hear that the issue with bedding was resolved immediately once we were made aware. It is not very often that we receive negative feedback about our restaurant, hoewever, sometimes during very busy periods there can be a slight delay. When an order arrives though, it should be complete for the guest to enjoy whilst still hot and therefore as a result of your comments I will be reviewing this with the Restaurant Manager. Thank you again for providing your valuable feedback which will help me to improve our services.
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I asked my wife to look for a cheapish caravan in Jaywick, having always holidayed there as a child and I wanted to see how much the place had changed. My wife found a private caravan on the Martello Beach caravan park and duly booked. It was just after this that I found this website and read the many poor reviews of the park. I have to say my heart sank and I was sorely tempted to stay at home. However, I knew of Jaywick's run-down state and so wasn't too bothered by that itself.

My surprise was that on the drive in through Jaywick, it looked like a lot has been done to smarten up the place and it certainly looked way better than my last visit in 1995 with evidence of some new housing having been built.

Anyway, to the park itself. I was pleasantly surprised. Although we arrived after dark, the place looked well lit and was exceptionally quiet. We did have an issue with our key being locked in the private owners building but the security guard soon sorted that for us whilst he grumbled to himself!

Our caravan was only a very short distance from the main amenities so expected some noise, but there was none! Maybe the time of year had something to do with it, although most caravans did seem to have a car outside them. Other bonus for me was that it turned about to be but a stones throw from the little bungalow in Singer Avenue that we stayed in on my last holiday with my parents in 1970!

Noise during the day was mostly caused by the many aircraft flying in and out of the nearby airfield in Clacton, but again, nothing too distracting. The park itself was really quiet, even the nearby children's play area was pretty noise free even though full of children!

I really enjoyed a walk round the boot sale just up the road on Sunday morning, full of local types who were much politer and well-mannered than those at the boot sales round where I live!

I have already asked my wife to book another weekend in the same van, and hope that we have an equally pleasant time.

Don't be put off by the negative reviews, give the place a go!

Room Tip: In busy periods, avoid caravans near the reception area and entertainment complex if you want a quie...
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We recently rented a caravan for the weekend at Martello Beach, having read the reviews after booking and paying we were a little worried about what we might find on arrival. However, we were most pleasantly surprised. The site was clean and well presented with a well stocked shop and enjoyable entertainment. Our caravan was privately owned and we found it to be clean, centrally located with the beds made up for us and lots of useful extras. Despite being very near to the club, it was quiet and peaceful and we had a very enjoyable, bargain priced weekend break. Only downside was the slightly grumpy security guard who grumbled about finding our keys but next time we'd just arrive earlier! Would definitely visit again for a cheap getaway.

Market Deeping, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

On arriving at Martello Beach the rundown aspect of Jaywick itself left a lot to be desired.
However the receptionist on duty was courtesey itself and reassured us that the surrounding area was far more sallubrious than the immediate locale.
The site was fairly standard,but the maintenance of the site was very good .We did not make use of the facilities apart from the site supermarket
The site itself was perfect for access to beach and sea but apart from that it had nothing to make us want to return there.

essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went here on a sun £9.50 holiday so was not expecting too much. On arrival we were too early so reception staff tried to charge me another £30 so I could check in 2 hours early but did not take this up. When i arrived at the caravan it was not too bad, it was one of the older caravans but it was nice and clean, very spaciious and it had heating in the bedrooms and a nice heated towel rail in the bathroom. The tv was nice flat screen and there was freeview so good choice of channels, cooker, fridge, kettle and microwave all nice and clean. Gas fire did not work very well, it was freezing in the mornings but the gas fire could only manage a feeble flame so lit all the cooker rings and ovens to warm it up. Resturant bit pricey but bar prices not bad, £7.30 fro 2 double brandy and cokes which is fair price, food is bit pricey. Beach within few mins walking distance but not very nice, very dirty , loads of littler which is a shame as it would be very nice if only it was cleaned up, you coukl not really walk about bare foot as there was glass, dirty nappies, food containers all over the sand. All in all the holiday cost me £38 quid for 3 nights so got my moneys worth, had I however paid full price for this break I would not have been so forgiving, I have been to quite a few park resorts and this not one of their best parks, but all in all I got what I paid for.

London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We decided that a great weather forecast for a September weekend should not be missed so made a last minute decision to visit the coast and stay for a couple of nights. Saturday arrival on a hot sunny day made for a busy site. £17/day for a non-electric pitch for up to 6 people - cheap, cheerful, and good value.

Friendly reception staff simply told us to pick a spot wherever we liked as long as we kept 5m distance to adjacent pitches. For us this turned out fine, all pitches are flat, and quiet at night so a good nights sleep.

Site can easliy accomodate 80+ tourers/tents but facilities are minimal for such numbers. One toilet/shower block, with two chemical waste disposal points, two sinks for washing up, and two drinking water taps. Plenty of hot water in the showers. The block itself could do with modernising and a few more washbasins, and definitely more regular cleaning.

Bar drinks and food were good and decent value.

We didn't use any of the other facilities and as can only say that the kids we saw seemed to be having fun.

"Resort" camping would not be our normal choice, and Martello Beach would not be top of our list, but for a night or two for somewhere to put your head down and have a couple of beers in the evening it does fine - at mid-season prices that is - would not consider returning in high season.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!