“Best weekend away ive ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
You added Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts to your Saves list
London Road, Clacton-on-Sea CO16 9QY, England   |
Hotel deals
“Best weekend away ive ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

5 of us went here for a weekend and we had the bestest time ever. Defo going back again. We had non stop laughs and non stop having fun. We had a lovely caravan which was silver plus, very clean and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have just returned from a weekend at Highfield and had a lovely time. We arrived early and enjoyed a coffee at the Boathouse before we went off to check in to our gold plus van which was a lovely, clean and spacious. We did have a couple of minor snags which were sorted out promptly leaving us very satisfied. We ate in the Boathouse for 2 out of the 3 nights and really enjoyed the food. The evening entertainment was great and more then we expected. Would we return again? Yes we would, and we couldn't believe how packed the site was for the last weekend, which if nothing else speaks volumes.

The staff on site were excellent as well and couldn't do enough

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had a good time here,my wife and i took a small break due to a family upset
The caravan was clean and tidy and we enjoyed the boathouse. staff were helpful and friendly.
Went into the chip shop the food was cooked fresh in front of us some people were having a go at the man I think his name was alec for being a bit slow with the orders I think he was trying his best considering that he was on his own he still remained polite and friendly.
Entertainment wasnt that great, prefered to stay in Boathouse but it was getting closed to early.
We would still come back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wymondham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I booked a weekend away for myself, my husband and a couple of friends for my birthday using the £9.50 Sun promotion. I wanted to go to Colchester Zoo so Highfield Grange seemed like the obvious choice being so close. After I booked I came onto Trip Advisor and read all the horrific reviews and wondered what I had let us all in for! I wasn't expecting much as we were on a cheap promotional holiday but after a warm welcome at check-in I was pleasantly surprised to find our caravan had three bedrooms (a double and two twin rooms) so my friends didn't have to share, a kitchen fully equiped with everything we would need and a spacious living/dining area with sofas rather than the old bench seating I remember from caravan holidays in years gone by! The caravan was clean when we arrived but as we had to park then walk across muddy grass to get to it I am ashamed that the carpet did not stay clean for long - paths connecting caravans to the car park areas would be an improvement. The first night we ate from the on-site fish and chip shop which was our only disappointment from the whole weekend - no drinks for sale (and by this time the on-ssite shop had closed too) and the service was very very slow. The following night we tried the Boathouse restaurant which was excellent and great value for money in my opinion - it also offered 2 for £10 meals during the week which wasn't any good for us but was a great deal for families on a week long break. The shop was small but well stocked and there is a huge Tesco just across the road from the site along with a Pizza Hut and KFC. The clubhouse was large and spacious and the entertainment was varied with the early part of the evening devoted to children and more adult themed entertainment later in the evening - one night a female singing duo the next a 'comedy' duo (although not my idea of comedy). We had a medical emergency off-site towards the end of the weekend but the camp were excellent - giving us the number of a local on-call doctor to speak to and checking we had everything we needed.
All in all I cannot fault Highfield Grange or its staff and if it wasn't for the chip shop and lack of paving I would have given it a 5* rating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ruislip
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The caravan was lovely and clean and warm as it had central heating. I upgraded to a wider caravan which was so worth it as i was taking the grandchildren so there was plenty of room for them to run about. The site was very close to Tescos in Clacton so brill for stocking up. Also only 10 minute drive from the sea.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wye, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

totally agree about entertainment it was awful even the kids did not take much notice and looked bored, our caravan was not to bad fairly clean, but neighbours next door wre noisy and the kids rude, not parks fault. park itself was dirty, swimming pool not in use and empty. food was good but expensive and not very hot. would not go again, and not recomend to anybody.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

To start with most of the reviews I have read are nothing but rubbish. I tried it myself and found out that this Park is one of the best ranging from the security to reception ..rooms cleanliness or accessories. .they stay at the top. Myself and my wife with three kids sll love it

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!