“Nice Place to Rest Your Head” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Writtle Road | Margaretting, Chelmsford CM4 0EH, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Chelmsford
Slough, United Kingdom
“Nice Place to Rest Your Head”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Lovely decor in the hotel and bedrooms and nice to have a fresh cooked to order breakfast in the morning. Good for the Essex road network, I was there for business and the free wifi was a bonus.

Beds comfy, only down side was noise of other guests banging doors late at night going to bed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill.
It is always nice to know that guests have enjoyed their time with us.
You will be pleased to know that last week we completed the refurbishment of the lounge area within the hotel and also upgraded the wifi to ensure better signal strength throughout the building.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a lovey night at the Ivy Hotel 100% but the restaurant for a function leaves a lot to be desired also if you Drink has a mixer they add the whole bottle which is not acceptable you should add what you want to the taste this was very disapointing. But the Hotel definately beautiful and I felt I was in the lap of luxury thank you to the Staff and Management

Room Tip: The hotel has been refurbished and every room is 100% or it was when we were there as there was quit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HLGroup, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Best Western Ivy Hill.

I was pleased to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay but was disappointed to see you were not happy with the function you attended.
I have looked into this further and found the details of your stay with us, including the guest experience questionnaire you completed on check out which was incredibly positive and made no mention of any problems with the function.

However we do take all comments seriously and thank you for bringing the issue of the drinks to my attention.

Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on a couple of occasions, business trips....the hotel is very clean, with very nicely decorated large rooms and fittings. The staff are freindly and very formal, the hotel being more focused towards business customers. The location is discreet and easy to find (just off J M25). The hotel offers evening meal which to be honest was better then the Italian restaurant which is located next door, breakfast was very nice, with menu choice. Unfortunately the hotel has no fitness room, i was told i could use the facilities at a sister hotel, being 7miles away i thought this was too far....one final note is that the beds are the most comfy i have encountered whilst away,,,,no problems with sleeping!

Room Tip: executive room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Best Western Iv y Hill.

It is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback and I'm glad you found the beds to be comfortable.
We are just finishing a project to refurbish the lounge area so next time you are in the area you will have to visit again to ensure a good nights sleep and see the changes we have made!

Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

As ever I was travelling on business and found the hotel fairly easily as it was sign posted just after the main road junction. I was checked in quickly by a lovely young man who upgraded me (due to my rewards card) and I went up to my room which was well laid out and clean.

I chose to eat from the bar menu and unfortunately went for sausages and mash from the specials menu. I say unfortunately as it really wasn't to the standards you'd expect for £12.50. I mentioned this to the receptionist and also my objection to the 10% gratuity being automatically added and both items were resolved satisfactorily.

I had a good nights sleep and a good breakfast although listening to a conference or similar going on in the room behind was a tad strange.

In summary a good clean welcoming hotel but maybe some attention to detail with the food is called for. If I'm in the area again I'll return.

• Stayed February 2013
HLGroup, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your review following your stay at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill.

The title of your review concerned me, but having read the whole thing I can see that although you did not enjoy your meal you have made positive comments about many other aspects of the stay.

We have a number of dining options available at the hotel, as well as the bar menu there is also Bartellas Restaurant just across the garden which I would invite you to try should you stay with us again.

Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked for 3 nights as it was my daughters wedding and my parents 50th Wedding anniversary the following day. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The hotel was very clean and the food was excellent. We had an executive room, the bed was large and comfortable and the room had space to relax. The radiator was thermostatically controlled so we could turn it down if we were too hot - also the fan in the bathroom turns off when you turn the light off so no annoying noise in the night. The hotel has a very comfortable residents lounge and a very relaxed atmosphere throughout. If ever we need a hotel in the area again we will return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HLGroup, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us, congratulations to your daughter and your parents!
I am pleased you enjoyed your time and were well looked after.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area, by which time the lounge you mentioned will have a new look as we started to refurbish it on Monday.

Chesterield, Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a lovely hotel which has good quality bedrooms. The staff were very friendly on arrival. The food in the hotel was average and a bit over priced for what you got, I am referring to the evening meal. The room was very clean and modern. The bed was comfy and the shower was nice and hot. Overall a good quality hotel with close access to the A12.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to know that guests have enjoyed their time with us and I have passed your comments on to the team.
Without knowing which items you ate or from which menu it is hard for me to respond to your comment about the price of the food but I will make sure it is noted for when these things are reviewed.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here through work for one night, wish it could have been longer!
On entering reception, and throughout the common areas, everything was welcoming, beautifully presented, and cared for, with a friendly atmosphere.
Lovely room, very clean and tastefully decorated, with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! Room also had the added bonus of fully opening windows, a small thing but an issue I wish other hotels would consider, I don't wasn't to be imprisoned in a hot stuffy room, with no fresh air, but this was lovely! Bathroom was modern and clean, with a proper bath, and shower over.
Ate in bar in the evening, and although food was ok, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be, given the rest of the hotel. This could have just been a wrong choice from the menu, and my
colleague was certainly happy with her meal, but mine didn't quite match the description given!
Breakfast though was good, with a good selection, and prompt and friendly service.
Would love to stay here again, even have a smokers paradise, for those lepers like me who hate hanging around outside, feeling conspicuous , a graceful covered gazebo within the lovely grounds, with a heater! Top marks!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill.
I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and that the little things we do to make guests feel as comfortable as possible were much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area, be it for business or pleasure.

Managing Director

Been to BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!