“Best Chinese I've had in a long time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Palace Restaurant Chelmsford

Crystal Palace Restaurant Chelmsford
10 First Floor Broomfield Road | via Railway Street, Chelmsford CM1 1QS, England (Formerly Crystal Palace Restaurant)
+44 1245 206565
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Crystal Palace Restaurant Chelmsford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 288 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Crystal Palace Chinese restaurant in Chelmsford where we combine great Chinese food to eat in and take away along with karaoke with a private room available for birthday parties, anniversaries and work nights out.At Crystal Palace Chinese restaurant Chelmsford we have a great choice of menu options. From our fixed price menu to a banquet style option along with our restaurant menu. We have a wide range of wines, spirits and beers and lagers as well as soft drinks.We welcome parties, whether it is a hen night, birthday or retirement and our private room can cater for all your needs.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese I've had in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have been to a lot of chinese restaurants in my time and me and my friends swear that this place has the best food by a mile.
Not just the food but everyone who works there is very friendly giving excellent service.
Nice Food, Excellent Service, and the Restaurant looks Incredible!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I visited with my good lady on impulse, we had seen the restaurant from the pub opposite and thought, let's give it a go.

The menu is standard Chinese and looked the same as any Chinese takeaway in town. There did not appear to be any "specials" or dish of the day.

We ordered a set meal for two, it seemed to have everything we liked. When it came, it was substantial! The starters alone were enough and then we had 4 main course with rice. Not bad for £17 each.

We also checked out the banquet menu, and this looked superb if you are a hungry boy. Basically all you can eat for around £18

The staff were great, service couldn't really be much better, all round a good meal, just a touch ordinary.

Visited February 2014
“Sunday dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Food was hot and plentiful. I would say an average chinese meal, nothing outstanding and good value for money on a Sunday.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Take out - cold food & disappointing!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We ordered food to be delivered. We live less than a mile away from this restaurant and, although it was delivered right on time, the majority of the food was cold, shockingly! Once this was warmed up in the microwave it was just 'ok', nothing special. Considering the other feedback I was really disappointed by the food and the lack of temperature. I might try it again, just to be certain it wasn't just a one off, but I'm not in any hurry especially since you have to pay £1 delivery charge and 50p card payment charge! There are better restaurants with more reasonable prices in chelmsford and, with this in mind, you really need to pick up your game to compete. One bad meal means you just lost a repeat customer!

Kenny M, Manager at Crystal Palace Restaurant Chelmsford, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
We would like to apologise for your experience with us. We promise food never leave the restaurant cold. Please let us know next time as soon as possible so we can help resolve the problem.

We have a successful take away/delivery service so the timing of the delivery can vary so we glad your happy with the timing. However, we would like to remind other guests that we will always try and delivery within the hour, unless said otherwise. We assume you had order online as we do not charge for card payments. To avoid this, please make an order by telephone as we accept card payments over the phone. We hope you will give us a second chance. - K.M.
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Last night was my third trip to this restaurant and I cannot fault it. Each of our visits were in the evening and we always ordered from the reasonably priced fixed price menu.The food is of the highest quality and there is no limit to the amount served. You order until you are full and the staff are both friendly and polite. The menu offers an excellent choice for both meat eaters and vegetarians. I can recommend this restaurant and do not know of a better one in Essex.

• Visited January 2014