“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Brilliant food, fabulous young waiter. You wont be disappointed. It is a small menu, but the food is top quality and not overly expensive in my view

Visited July 2013
HLGroup, Owner at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent visit.
I am glad you enjoyed your visit and were well looked after by the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

96% Recommend
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Essex
“Slightly disappointed with the afternoon Tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Visited Pontlands Park this week for Afternoon tea. Cannot fault the presentation, the service or the location, but the assortment of sandwiches served was very uninspiring. Plain Cheese (tasteless) plain Cucumber (very bland) and smoked salmon which would have benefited from having some form of dressing or even cream cheese added. The chef needs to use a little more imagination when making the sandwiches.

HLGroup, Owner at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent visit for Afternoon Tea.
I am pleased that in the main you enjoyed it, when we put together the full afternoon tea we decided to keep the sandwiches simple and those of a more traditional afternoon tea. However we are looking to make some changes to the menu in the next few weeks and will add your comments to the list of points for consideration.

We do hope you will return soon to try the updated version.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Small but perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We have not been to Pontlands for a long time and the last visit was a New Year function. The lounge bar and restaurant have had a total makeover and the ambience was excellent. When booking,we were warned that there was a function that might disturb us (wedding reception in marquee) but that was quite entertaining. We were surprised at the number of people attending in denim jeans !! My wife's mushroom risotto had at least 5 different varieties instead of the standard one and my chicken terrine was excellent. The vegetarian and pea ravioli was the best she has tasted and my lamb Wellington was very very tender...superb. We had only one criticism which is that the menu apparently changes only once or twice a year and is very short... Short but perfect ! We know that this is owned by same management as Bartellas in Margaretting : the price is approx the same but Pontlands is in a different league.

Visited July 2013
HLGroup, Owner at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent meal at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park.

It is always nice to hear that returning guests are impressed with the extensive refurbishment works we have undertaken in the public areas at the hotel and the changes we have made in the restaurant itself.
I'm pleased you both enjoyed your meal and I will pass your comments on to the chef and the rest of the team and we will also consider your point about changing the menu more often.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

“Lovely night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife attended pontlands for a meal in there restaurant a few nights ago. We knew that pontlands was a hotel but I'm sure like many people we never thought of going just to use the restaurant.
I'm am vey happy that we did! After reading the reviews on trip advisor we decide it must be worth it, and it is.
The restaurant wasn't overly busy which is a shame for the food and service provided. We were meet by a lovely girl on reception called Charlotte ( we over heard our waiter call her that) she passed us on to our waiter Dan. By far one of the best waiters I have ever been serverd by! Even though he was young it was clear he knew what he was doing, always smiling. The meal we recived was amazing from started to desert! But the service we recived really made this a hard act to follow by anyone!
If anyone is considering having a meal at pontlands, do it. Ask for Dan to serve you if yu want a flawless evening.
We will be back over and over again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review following your recent visit.
We have tried hard to raise the profile of The Restaurant outside of the hotel and I am pleased you appreciated the extensive refurbishments and hard work we have done to improve the standards of food and service.
I will pass your positive comments on to all of the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food meets excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I had a reservation at Pontlands Park today for our pearl wedding anniversary. I have to say that I am extremely happy with the lamb Wellington I had and the service was particularly memorable. We were met on entry by Nathan (hotel manager) who was very personable and upon hearing of our anniversary celebration he offered us both a complementary drink which we were very much grateful for. Also, the table service was excellent. The waiter (Dan) couldn't have helped us more.
Overall the dinning experience was one of the best i have had and am very much looking forward to our return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review following your recent anniversary celebration at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the meal and were well looked after by the team, I will make sure that your comments are passed on to them.
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.