“Yummy food, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Yummy food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The restaurant was extremely busy - a good sign. Staff very helpful but not pushy. Food was divine. One very small niggle though. I had a fishy dish which was served on a bed of spinach, then potatoes. The dish was spoilt because they used frozen spinach which was stringy and inedible - it ruined the dish. I would suggest that if they MUST use frozen spinach, they cut it into smaller particles before serving it at table. Overall, quite the best restaurant in Brentwood.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Thankful for Google”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were so lucky to have found this beautiful Italian restaurant. We were working in the area and hadn't visited before, so used Google to find an Italian restaurant in the area, we prefer independent restaurants to the chain ones as the meals always seem fresher, tastier and value for money. It was late afternoon and we hadn't booked, but were lucky to get a table, everybody arriving after us had pre-booked. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and there was a lovely warm relaxing atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed their soup of the day, followed by Risotto Verde, my husband had Pollo Cacciatora. Both of our main courses were delicious. The portions are value for money and cooked to perfection. Just now wished we lived nearer, as this restaurant would definitely become our regular. Hoping to be able to visit again sometime in the near future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Italian in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say...
I have been coming here for a couple of years now, and the staff just make me feel so at home and relaxed. I love the way they always recognise my voice when I call to book a table .. And then are always so kind and efficient when me and my family have lunches or dinners there. Sara the (manageress) and her staff all work so very hard and I just don't know how they do it ? I feel tiered just watching them run around but still always with a smile on there face! It's lovely because even when the chefs see me and my husband walk through the door they give us a little smile while waving at us :-)
The food is always excellent , my favourite dish has to be the skate wing when it's on special but when it's not then the king prawns with rice always does it for me.
I do have to say that I would recommend Tarantino to anyone and everyone because I just think its the best place in Brentwood to eat and unwind ! And if you go at the weekend , well it just tops it all of with the Italian singer they have.
Tarantino keep up the good work and make sure you never close down because I would be lost without you :-)))

Visited September 2013
london
“last minute change of venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Visited this restaurant with 4 friends after our table at GastroBurgeCo was cancelled due to staff illness. Have been many time before so knew it was good, had my favourite Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni (lovely) service good, wine cold and reasonably priced for a girls night out. My only comment is No bread stick on the table (have you stopped these now) and we had to ask for olives they weren't offered. Apart from that a good night and will definitely come again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited here for lunch on a quiet Saturday afternoon and was very impressed. There was a lovely atmosphere and all of the waiting staff went above and beyond to help us. The food was delicious, with massive portions and priced well considering. We had a lovely afternoon here and we will definitely be returning. Thank you!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere