“Enjoy the great atmosphere and food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Romford
“Enjoy the great atmosphere and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have just spent a wonderful evening with friends having a meal at this modern restaurant. It may not be the cheapest around but what you get is good value.

When we arrived the atmosphere was very welcoming and with a pianist playing some mellow tunes we were warmly greeted.

It was so relaxed we felt at home instantly and after a drink and no rush to order we were shown to our table. The service was excellent, with a very friendly, attentive staff. The food arrived in a timely fashion with no rush or delay.

We could not fault the food at all, it was yummy!

We enjoyed a coffee in the bar afterwards and left feeling totally satisfied and we will be going back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Consistantly good food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is my second review of Mason's restaurant and again the food didn't disappoint. The menu is excellent with food served to match, it's beautifully presented and delicious with a good choice of fresh local ingredients.

What has really improved is the service of the staff. I've previously commented on their inexperience which I felt let the restaurant down, this time the service was excellent. Some members of staff were young but I get the impression that they have been trained well and give the impression of being genuinely interested and knowledgable.

I'm sure we'll return, would recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Amazing anniversary meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and I booked a table here 12th July our 1st wedding anniversary and it lived up to the occasion - the meal was amazing. My wife was good and went for a salad to start then the spinach, onion & gruyere cheese tart; I was a bit naughtier and went for the pigeon to start (a first for me, very nice indeed) then the lamb shoulder (there was so much meat) - I have never been so stuffed after 2 courses as I was with this meal! The restaurant is nice on the eye, the staff were friendly & attentive, there was a nice ambience with the pianist, and the price was good too. My wife is already saying she wants her birthday meal there so no doubt we will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Not bad worth a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went with friends a group of 12, for a birthday celebration. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, not a busy night but we felt there was a good atmosphere there. The menu was varied enough some nice dishes, we all had starters and mains, the food quality was pretty good well cooked and was fresh. Quite a nice selection of wines on offer at sensible prices. The restaurant was clean and well presented, with a nice open bar area. If we are in the area again we will certainly go back. Very relaxing atmosphere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Birthday lunch with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were greeted and seated by a very helpful member of staff. The menu was varied and had a very good choice. When our meals arrived, every one of them were beautifully presented and tasted as good as they looked. We had to wait between courses but it was nice not to be rushed and the meal was well worth the wait. The staff were all both friendly and helpful without being "in your face". It was that good, we have re-booked for next month. Would definitely recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere