“If you want zero atmosphere go here” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Blackmore, United Kingdom
“If you want zero atmosphere go here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been twice and each time the whole place was deserted so it felt really flat and soulless. The service was great only because we were virtually the only people dining, the food was average and I couldn't wait to get out. For a similar go to Alec's or Smiths and have a great meal n a vibrant restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“No beef, no pork, no chicken on a Sunday”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Myself and partner went to Masons around 5.30 on Sunday, both really looking forward to a roast dinner..... We were extremely disappointed to be told they had no beef, no pork and no chicken (great Sunday roast).

The portions were so small, we were both still hungry after and the apple crumble was the worst I've had.

We definitely will not be returning as it wasn't good value and the minimal food they did have was of poor quality

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

What a perfect Sunday lunch, the food, surroundings and service where the perfect ingredients for a family lunch. Has to be one of the best I have experienced in over 60 years.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Warning regarding reservations.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I recently booked a lunch reservation for Masons Sugar Hut. I decided to look at the menu on the website and noticed a huge banner stating 'shut for refurbishment'. My reservation was for the following day and yet I'd received no call. I decided to call another branch in Brentwood and asked if I had this correct? The attitude of the lady on the phone was quite frankly awful. Masons Sugar Hut is currently shut due to drainage issues and apparently she had tried to contact me. I explained that I had received no such call. She then told me I was incorrect and that she called me three times and left messages, the way she spoke to me was appalling. I have sat here and gone through every call on my mobile for the pass four days and can name each and every number - not one call from Masons, I even have all voicemails from the pass week, again not one message from Masons (they have the correct mobile number!). My warning to you, be careful if you make a reservation, particularly a special occasion, like I now have a 30th birthday lunch to re-organise. I would call daily to check you still have your reservation as it seems the staff will only accuse you of being liars if your booking is incorrect. If the telephone staff have this attitude can you imagine once your through the doors.....

Sent from my iPhone

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Lunchtime is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food and service although I can only talk of experience from lunchtimes. Take my team here for their half and annual reviews. The staff are great and the food is wonderful. The only down side is the positioning of the speakers which sometimes are directly above and far too loud to hear yourself talk.

Visited October 2012