“nice meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
stn
“nice meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

nice pub, friendly service, food good value and nice and hot will be back next time with the kids

wide range of food, suitable for all tastes

only thing we didn't like was the garlic bread dish...??? not quite what we expected but did not put us off

look forward to going back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

51% Recommend
Braintree, United Kingdom
“Lunch with a friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice place to eat we had a simple lunch but it was very enjoyable and the staff very polite and helpful!will definately go there again!!!!

Visited March 2013
Essex
“Warm and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Lovely roast dinner, cold vegetables which the staff changed very quickly, more staff needed. Everything took too long, orders, food, drinks as the waitress had too many tables.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Bad attitude staff,terrible food,avoid at all costs!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My extended family and I came here expecting to have a great meal in a good enviroment,we were very wrong!
We were ignored for quite a while,my dad had to go to the bar to get somebody to take our food order,and order the drinks.The food arrived ,hunters chicken was dry and tasteless,steak not cooked to my order,none of my party enjoyed the food,most of it was not eaten but there was nobody about to complain to or nobody asked how was our meal.My dad and husband had to go to the bar on 4 occassions to order drinks,there did seem to be a manager at the end of the bar but he took no notice when we complained to the barmaid that we had to keep coming to the bar to order drinks.Overpriced,understaffed,appalling food,a manager who obviously didn't want to get involved,ignorant staff.I think they need to remember this pub is on an extremely busy roundabout on the A120 next door to a premier inn hotel and not a place up the Westend .I can honestly say I would never return here nor would I recommend it to anybody!Extremely disdappointed!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Broken hearted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great venue, helpful staff, great location, ideal for the whole family, ample parking, cosy fireplaces, ....... Cold food.
Table of 6 adults and 2 children. Children's food was fine. Adults had the roast, be it a Sunday. The meat was cold/tepid and the veg was either mushy broad beans or almost raw parsnips.
We sent back the food to be warmed, and to be fair to the staff, they accommodated and brought back new plates.
I will go back, as hoping this was the chef having an off day!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere