Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Braintree
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
essex
“Too slow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

When I first arrived I was asked to wait at bar while they cleared the tables which took a long while.then had to wait for over an hour for are food the steak was tough I did complain but I didn't want to wait for another one. So I settled for a free coffee. The afters took 20 minutes. To come the staff were not rude. But I was glad to get out and wished I went to McDonalds instead

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

essex
“Would not recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

To be honest i wouldnt even give our visit anything on the rating. i will never be visiting this resturant again
i rung to book a table for my little boys second birthday, there was 14 of us so i wanted to be sure we had a table, i rung on the day also to check everything was still ok and to confirm really.
When we got there they were so dis organised and un helpful, the table was not ready with two high chairs, i seemed to be dealing with two many people who had stinking attitudes, then when we all finally sat down after atleast 25minutes there were not enough seats and we had to sort this out.
throughout the night the staff were so rude, couldnt understand us, were raising eyebrows to one another, our bill was also more than expected and they didnt like us checking it and were discussing this with each other and more eyebrows were raised. it was not just our table a certain member of staff were rude to, in my eyes he shoukdnt be a waiter. when my partner confronted the waiter he started to go off on one. very rude and should appreciate he has a job!
it was discusting how we were all treated. to top it off my little lad was enjoying his ice cream and his birthday cake was shoved in front of him, we were not warned i got no photos and his ice cream melted poor lad

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Braintree, United Kingdom
“Bit below par”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Shame really as in the past this has been ok but the whole fb experience appears to have dropped away here. Service was slow although pleasant. Food was slow in coming and wasnt hot! Rectified quickly but the place wasnt busy at the time. When others saw we complained bout only warm food they also returned meals as not hot enough. I think one of the staff had a few strong words with the chef. Oooops

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Durham, United Kingdom
“New Yorker Calzone”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Ordered 2 New Yorker Calzones thinking they would be similar to Pizza Express. The splat of tomato looking sauce on the top should have prepared us for what was to come. It tasted like a folded over pancake filled with a tin of tomato soup with hard bits of mushroom and pepperoni. Absolute disgrace for the price of £11.45 each.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Braintree, England, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Me and my partner went for breakfast. Although the menu is reasonably priced in general the atmosphere isn't very inviting. We sat down and was greeted by a waiter who looked like he was doing a million and one other things. I appreciate he was busy but a smile wouldn't of hurt. He was polite and service was fast but everything about it was impersonal. As I say and average visit.

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Braintree also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Braintree? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Braintree, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.