“Enjoyable stay at this travelodge” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Saver rooms available
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Barking
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay at this travelodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed in a family room for £23 - bargain!! It was very clean and quiet. Staff very helpful and friendly, very close to the tube station, handy for London sightseeing. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor room - very quiet
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked our room a week in advance and paid. I'm not used to staying in a travelodge but the usual places I go - once you're booked you're booked??! We arrived and were told sorry there are no rooms left! They have an over-booking policy! Carzy!!!! Surely - if people don't turn up then they've had the money so why over-book!! I was very angry and also panicked as they said they would send us to another over 10 miles away!!! Our 'do' was 5 mins down the road! Anyway.....the girl on the front desk was very polite and understanding and did manage to get us a room. A very nice room!!! And we got it free :-) Room was fine, clean, bed was actually comfy!! and shower fab. All you need for a place to kip for the night. Was a pain not having parking - we chanced it but overslept and got a £40 ticket!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Barking, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There was no towel in my room I had to go to the reception to get one and there was so much much noise i could not sleep was awake till morning I was not impressed at all and I chose that location because it was close to where I want

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge London Barking, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback. Our rooms should be set up correctly for the occupants in the room so it is regrettable to learn you did not have enough towels. We are aware that our more central locations may experience higher levels of noise. We are truly sorry to learn this disrupted your stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not a bad hotel, conveniently located next to Barking high street, but no hotel parking. There's a public car park a short walk away which allows you to pay by phone which is handy, but suffering from a bad back and almost unable to walk, some reserved hotel parking would have been better. Hotel also doesn't offer hot breakfast, only a cold continental option that you take away with you. Rooms small but clean, no problems here. Overall, average but don't pay too much for rooms.

• Stayed November 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The website shows the car park nearby is at postcode IG11 7BL. This is incorrect and the car park is actually at IG11 8AJ. We only found out after driving around for 1 hour and calling Travelodge who said the website was wrong. The receptionist had no local knowledge so could not direct us. Very annoying!
In regards to sleeping, all fine until early wake up by bin lorry emptying bins very noisily and lengthy

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

We stayed at the Travelodge barking for 2 nights at the end of October. Our first night on the Saturday was fine, apart from a few drunken revellers outside the hotel shouting and swearing in the early hours of the morning, However, our problems started on the Sunday night. Having been at Wembley during the day, we got back to the hotel early evening. We had some food and went to bed around 11pm. After about 10 minutes we were awoken by a lot of noise in the room next door. I went down to reception and told the receptionist. They came upstairs and had a word with them. As the hotel receptionist left we heard the party next door just laugh at them, although they did go quiet for a short time. This is when the real problems started. There were people coming and going to the room next door for at least the next 30-40 minutes, with doors banging and people constantly up and down the corridor. I went back downstairs to complain again. on my arrival back, I was told by my wife that at least 7 people had left the room and ran down the corridor to other rooms. We did not get to sleep until at least 1am, and even then there were still people on the floor leaving the hotel, as I assume some were not even guests. On checkout the following day I told the new receptionist about the problems and she admitted there had been a problem and that she would arrange an e-mail voucher as compensation for our stay. I am still waiting for this voucher some 3 weeks later. I have since sent an e-mail to the head office of Travelodge and still await a full reply and explanation as to why my concerns have not been answered. This is just another instance of no real customer service at some Travelodges. This was one of our worst stays in a hotel, only beaten by a previous stay at another Travelodge. We have stayed in this area before, but at the IBIS, at which we had no problems at all.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms which are at the junction and facing the lifts and stairs area,
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

this is now officially my second home
been staying here every week for the past 10 weeks. team is great, always willing to give a hand with my shopping and also wishing me a good day every morning before going to work which makes me not feel alone while away from my family. Taj, Delia, Sayfa, Noella, Donna and
Jellena( hope I've split your name right) nothing is ever a bother with these ladies. seen few bad reviews but I can honestly say yes every hotel has its fault and even barking Travelodge, the team here will do everything they can if they hear you've not had a good night they will go out their way to fix the issue which makes me come back every week. Barking team are always talking to me about Pillow Talk survey which I don't ever receive as all my bookings are made by my company so I hope this helps as you all are a great team and always helping my family when they come to visit me so thank you all very much and see you all this week again

Room Tip: best rooms in the hotel ending with 19's room is big and has 1 large window with 2 small windo...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge London Barking? Share your experiences!