“Outstanding - A well kept secret” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English, Seafood, British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Outstanding - A well kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We went the Cherry Tree on a Friday night in January and had an excellent meal. The bar is well stocked with some interesting beers from around the world. The food was imaginative without being over complicated. The taste and quality of the meal exceeded my expectations. Service was very attentive. My only surprise was that the restaurant was so quiet. I believe I only saw 9 people eating in the restaurant for the whole evening! The cost was very reasonable ie just over £50 each for a 3 course meal including pre drinks and wine. This is a special place to eat and spend an evening. This is a family business with owner running the front of the restaurant and his son cooking. I strongly recommend the Cherry Tree.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hawkhurst
“Not fit for purpose”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Had been wanting to eat at the Cherry Tree for some time since I knew it had changed hands and had heard good things about it.
Booked a table for Saturday evening for myself and husband for 7.45 and on arriving was told there was a delay on food! Stood at bar and had a drink, wasn't even shown to our table. Half an hour passed and we still hadn't been offered the menu to look at! I then asked how long the delay for food was going to be and was told about an hour, we then decided to leave and much to our disgust were charged for the drinks!
We will not be rushing back!

Visited January 2014
Nick T, Owner at The Cherry Tree, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I am so sorry that you came to visit us on the day that everything in the kitchen broke. It was very difficult to manage with only half a working kitchen and I must thank those who waited for their food . I quite understand that you didn't want to wait any longer for your food and by way of recompense would like to invite you back to dine with us at my expense and your convenience. It was as you rightly pointed out wrong of us to accept payment for your drinks and I trust that you will accept my apology and look forward to seeing you should you wish to return.
Ticehurst, United Kingdom
“Must try ,will not dissapoint :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Food is so yummy everytime! We went when the last owners where there it has improved 100%.
Staff are friendly pub looks great totally refreshed .i have recommended it to everyone i know and will continue to do so.Sunday Roast is my favourate it is presented so well .keep up the good work iv not even been tempted to try the bell as i really dont think they will match tgis standared.

Westerham, Kent
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've been a regular visitor to the Cherry Tree for the last 20 years and seen the good, the bad and the awful! I would now class it as the Very Good! The new family running the restaurant are a very pleasant bunch, always happy to chat you through the menu and the waiter on the day was full of enthusiasm and attentive.

The food is by far the best in Ticehurst and having now tried it twice it is consistent in quality and flavour, and boy what a lot of flavour. Combinations you would not expect, or just very well put together makes for a very satisfying experience.

Thank you to the Twaite family for turning the 'Pigs Ear' into the 'Silk Purse'

Ticehurst, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Yet another fantastic meal at the cherry tree and I must say we are very happy with their progress! We have now had the pleasure of eating at the newly vamped cherry tree on several occasions and the standards seem to be getting higher and higher. The Christmas menu posed yet another display of fine cookery and remarkably intuitive ideas, along with an impeccable service and fantastic, unexpected wine. And the bill? Again minute for what was presented.