“The perfect place to house our family and friends for our wedding.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club

You added Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club to your Saves list
Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dale Hill, Ticehurst TN5 7DQ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ticehurst
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The perfect place to house our family and friends for our wedding.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have to thank and congratulate the Dale Hill staff on their fantastic service throughout our wedding preparations and during the event aswell.
Julie and Gaynor managed our booking from start to finish and were exceptionally friendly and helpful the entire time.
I spoke with them a long time before our wedding to secure the bedrooms for our family and they agreed a very reasonable discount as we wanted to reserve all the rooms for our family to book directly in the run up to the event.
They agreed a very reasonable rate and cut off date and they sent me monthly updates on the bookings so I knew how the availability was going.
We didn't hold our ceremony at the venue, but our family were delighted to be staying in such a wonderful hotel so close to our wedding venue (Swallows Oast).
We were given the full run of the Club Bar for a small family gathering for my husband and his family on the morning of the wedding, and then for breakfast the morning after the wedding we were given a private dining room for all of our guests. All completely free of charge!
The most important thing for me, and for which I am extremely grateful, is that my husband and I were due to stay in The Bell, a much more intimate hotel down the road, with our parents and siblings on our wedding night, but The Bell let us down in the worst possible way by double-booking our accommodation and cancelling our reservations with only 3 weeks to go to the wedding HOWEVER Julie and Gaynor from Dale Hill absolutely saved the day!
Julie immediately booked the Wedding Suite for me and my husband as soon as I told her the devastating news and she also upgraded both our sets of parents into suites for no extra charge. She gave me the reassurance I needed that everything was going to work out ok, despite the terrible situation that the other hotel had put us in.
Julie, Gaynor and the whole Dale Hill team were very professional, extremely friendly, superbly organised, efficient and reliable.
Dale Hill Hotel itself is very tastefully decorated to an extremely high standard; is a very warm and welcoming hotel, with wonderful lounges and a beautiful view over the golf course; and the food and service was exceptional.
Thank you for making everything so easy and comfortable for our wedding party!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the golf course. Its a little more expensive, but well worth the view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CarlRundgren, Manager at Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Melanie W

Thank you for posting your review of your stay at Dale Hill, your positive comments about the staff that managed your booking have been passed onto those involved. We were only to happy to accommodate you and your family after the problems that you had experienced at our competitors up the road. I do believe that it all worked out for the best and it seemed that all the guests had a great time both at your wedding and at Dale Hill. I overheard a number of guests at breakfast the following morning recounting the wedding from the day before.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back at some point for another stay, maybe for your 1st anniversary? I am sure it would be great for you to relive the memories from your wedding day with us. Please get in touch with myself, Julie or Gaynor as we would be very happy to arrange this for you.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

3 friends and I played on the Ian Woosnam course and found the course to be nothing less than excellent. Amazing setting, greens were impressive and overall a fantastic golfing experience with some challenging holes which Made the experience all the more enjoyable. Highly recommended for keen golfers.

• Stayed June 2013
CarlRundgren, Manager at Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review. The Ian Woosnam Course (and in fact both golf courses) have been in excellent condition and that is all down to the hard work of our greenkeepers. It has been a trying year so far weather wise but they have really pulled out all the stops to present a golf course in tip top condition. I will ensure that they are made aware of your comments and I do hope we will see you back for another round very soon!

Kind Regards
Carl
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have just returned from weekend at Dale Hill. Very nice hotel and my husband thoroughly enjoyed playing on the golf course.
Ate at the Wealdon restaurant which was lovely. For lunch we had food in the bar which was equally as nice.
Staff very polite and friendly.
Tunbridge Wells is just down the road for shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club. Its great that the entire stay was enjoyed and that the golf courses especially were seen in such a positive light. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at some point.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Room very modern and clean....huge too with the biggest bed I have ever seen! I had dinner and breakfast at the hotel which was great - the choice on the menu for dinner is very good. If I needed to stay in Ticehurst again I would definitely come back here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear IaIa 1234590

Thank you for taking the time to review of your recent stay here at Dale Hill.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Dale Hill and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dale Hill in the very near future.

Kind regards
David Colyer
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had a 2 night golf break. Courses are great, rooms are very comfortable and breakfast is really good quality. Only thing that let the place down is the Leisure facilities. They are an embarrassment to the other qualities. Awful combined changing room area, pokey gym and a tired looking 'dip' pool. Staff were very nice and quite good value stay.

Room Tip: Further away from the 24 hour pool fan is better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
CarlRundgren, Manager at Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Calvin.Coleshill

Thank you for leaving your review following your stay with us. It is fantastic that you seemed to enjoy your stay with us as much as you did and it is great that you found the courses to be in excellent condition. I will pass your comments on to all the staff that made your stay enjoyable.

I do feel though that your comments regarding our leisure facilities do not represent the views of the majority of our guests and members. The leisure facility is more than adequate for a 35 bedroom hotel such as ours. We are not advertising the fact that these facilities are extensive (such as a large chain gym) but in terms of quality the changing rooms, showers, gym and pool were all refurbished last year and our members and hotel guests all thoroughly enjoy these facilities now so your comments seem to be out of place with the majority that use them.

I hope we may be able to welcome you back at some point in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing weekend, golf courses are top quality, service was excellent. Would definetly stay there again. Only one minor problem is that the twin beds are too small. Suites are very good and bed is really comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
CarlRundgren, Manager at Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
It was a pleasure organising the pay per view boxing for you. The fight was very exciting and I understand you all had a great time watching the boxing. Thanks for posting your review and we hope to see you back at Dale Hill again soon.

Regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great venue, super Golf, breakfast was a bit tired, lovely Hotel, well kept, and all the staff were friendly and helpful, bar a little expensive but a relaxing place to enjoy a break.
Nice rooms, well laid out, could seem to turn the towel rail off

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CarlRundgren, Manager at Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Peter A

Thank you for leaving your review. I was pleased to read your comments following your stay with us and its great that the golf courses and hotel exceeded your expectations. As for breakfast, our buffet has been re-looked at and changes made so hopefully these will be noticeable and make your next stay with us even more enjoyable than your last.

Hotel Manager

Been to Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club? Share your experiences!