“Rediscovering my golf swing” 4 of 5 stars

Kent Street | A21, Sedlescombe TN33 0SD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sedlescombe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Rediscovering my golf swing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Having been to Sedlescombe last August, I was delighted to return in February on a two for one, 2 day deal, with a friend. We are experienced golfers, and were pleased to find just the two of us on our advanced course. Our pro patiently showed us our faults with lots of use of the video, and helped us find the positions needed for consistent golf. He even found the videos from my previous visit for comparison. Day 1 was all basic swing, and day 2 saw us tackle pitching, chipping and putting. We received every encouragement from our pro, and made good progress, and felt inspired and keen to put it into practice on our home courses.
Incredibly wet weather meant we didn't play any golf in the afternoons. Instead on Day 1 we drove to Hastings and found a great little tea shop, looked round the fishing museum, and watched an intrepid surfer. Back at the hotel, our rooms were very comfortable, with good heating, huge baths, comfortable beds. I had ordered fresh skate for supper (order your selection at lunch time and they get it from Hastings, sea to plate in 8 hours), which was delicious, as was the soup starter and creme brulee dessert. There was a choice of good value wine. We liked the informal but professional catering. Breakfast was excellent too.
All the staff were helpful, friendly, and nothing was too much trouble. They even got my 22 year old car started on the last day when there was a problem. Thank you all, I look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Fantastic experience. The teaching was great - and the right balance of group size. Both beginners and intermediate. The service from all staff was outstanding - restaurant, bar, coaches etc. food was great - lovely breakfasts, and well priced and good quality lunch/dinner. Good club house with pool/darts/table football. Accommodation absolutely fine, nice clean and well set up - the only thing missing was a shower. Though the bath was very nice! Really good value for money January weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hi
I have just returned from a golf coaching weekend.
Fantastic value for money.
Hotel ,Food ,Service ,Coaching excellant.
Very pleased with the service and friendly staff.
My thanks.
I am hoping to return next year with my son as the coaching made such a differance to my confidence.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

London/Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I try to come to golf school once a year, especially in Jan or Feb because they often do half price deals. This year the weather meant the main course was closed, but even so, the visit was excellent value. I stayed with a friend just one night and had 2 half days tuition. As we were the only 2 with our pro he tailored the tuition to our precise needs and covered exactly what we wanted - my friends chipping, my axe like swing, etc and gave us drills to help us practise better. The video lessons are so helpful and you can see instantly where you are going wrong and by the second day hopefully see some improvement. The tuition is always excellent. We decided to play the par 3 course and the pro shop lent us carry bags, free of charge.
Our room was a basic twin room. The place is spotlessly clean and the staff, without exception, really helpful, polite and friendly. Dinner was superb with first class service and breakfast, not just a full English, but an excellent choice of dishes (Eggs Benedict/Royale, etc) if you fancied something lighter and a little different.
This was my 4th visit and I'm sure it won't be my last. Well done James Andrew Golf School and Sedlescombe Golf Club.

Room Tip: We had number 3, which was the most basic I have stayed in, but still absolutely fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Coaching by Phil Bartholomew of the James Andrews Golf School for me and my wife was excellent. It was thorough, expert, well presented and extremely helpful. The hotel accommodation was also great. The room was large, the bed comfortable, the food exceptional and the staff unfailingly friendly. We shall go back in due course for more of the same!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The golf tuition weekend was brilliant, I cannot fault anything. The restaurant food in the evening was superb and my golf coach 'Tom' was a cracking bloke and a really good patient coach with me as a fairly poor player.
The location is beautiful and the staff and club members were extremely friendly.
I will definitely go again this year.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, no shower in mine but a lovely big bath!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here with my gorgeous girlfriend and we loved the big room and the lovely big bed. The decor and furniture was very individual. Not your typical hotel room stuff. The bathroom was really nice as well, and I loved the large ornate taps on the bath. The food in the restaurant was nice as well, and the breakfast was just perfect. I would recommend it but I'm trying to keep it a secret so it doesn't get full up next time I want to stay there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Sedlescombe Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!