“Quite simply brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Crowborough
“Quite simply brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Ok, i have never written a review, BUT, today i just have to. This was the weekend of my Wife's 40th birthday and I wanted to take her out for a nice Sunday meal with her parents and our 3 kids. A couple of my mates told me about this place, so trusting their judgement, this is where we went. First of all, we turned up with the three kids and walked in to just a a nice cosy atmosphere, which made us feel welcome immediately. While we were waiting for the parents we got a drink, and was asked if we were eating. I explained that we were just waiting on another two but ideally wanted a table in the bar (for the atmosphere). We was offered a table in the restaurant, which in all fairness looked great, but a bit quit. We decided to wait until a table became available in the bar. The inlaws turned up, and it wasn't long before we had a table. Everybody seemed happy, and I think it's just because the whole place just gives you such a strong "feel good" factor. The specials on the board we're great, the menu was great. Locally produced food aswell, which is always great. Kids meals are always a slight concern when we go out, but not this time. Under £6, and they looked fantastic (clean plates at the end aswell). It was nice to know that the chef takes as much care in every single meal they do. I ordered the three roast dinner and it was amazing, the Mrs had the Rib of beef and it was amazing, the father in law had the liver and bacon and the mother in law had the pork, and they both said it was fantastic (that says a lot, trust me). My boy had the chilli with Nacho's, what a stunning dish, you have to see it to believe it, and under a tenner. The service was incredible, fantastic to be honest. I actually felt like I was being treated like a food critic from the moment I walked in there. The puddings looked like something you see on masterchef. It was all just quite incredible. I live less than 6 miles away from this place and I have never been in there. I always thought it would be very costly, very snooty, and the sort of place where you only go for the name as opposed to the food. This place was incredibly friendly, brilliant service, incredible food, incredible presentation, value beyond belief. Thankyou to everybody there for just a fantastic afternoon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
SUSSEX
“Will return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Enjoyed our meal recently. Bar menu looks good but as going later and busy bar, we booked a table in the restaurant. We all decided to miss starters, enjoy mains and share puddings. Worked well.

Will return and would be good if we can go earlier and enjoy meal in bar.

Liked restaurant except the chairs. Very odd and look really out of place. Oldy worldy pub with dark panelling that has contemporary high back light wood chairs........stood out for me but could ignore them to return for good meal!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rotherfield
“Lovely service fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Monday lunch time a lovely atmosphere and fairly busy. We had a main course each and two alcoholic drinks each. There were two of us. Service was friendly and efficient the food was fantastic large portions and great value for money. We didn't need a dessert as felt very full. They also offer a light lunch menu which also looks great value for money. The bill came to about £36. Well worth a visit. I would highly recommend.

Brighton
“Another little gem in East Sussex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We eat here fairly regularly and the food is consistently good. I have never eaten in the restaurant only in the bar. it can get very busy and noisy but the atmosphere is good. Portion sizes are good if not bordering on huge!
Go for lunch then you can hop over to the newly opened Middle House deli and buy some of their produce to take home.
Nice garden to sit out and have a drink in the summer.

Visited September 2013
Uckfield, United Kingdom
“A level result celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wow the food was excellent the service was exceptional. The staff were very kind to my wife who had a broken ankle.my daughter really enjoyed her vegetarian roast lunch . This is a very nice restaurant in a great setting.
The meal was enjoyed by the entire family which is often difficult to achieve.

• Visited August 2013