“Great for close to the Youngstown airport” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn & Suites Girard
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1615 East Liberty Street, Girard, OH 44420   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Girard
Mansfield
“Great for close to the Youngstown airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were looking for a close place to stay near the Youngstown-Warren airport that was reasonably priced and this fit the bill. It was a modest room, clean and the breakfast was adequate. The staff was friendly. However avoid the Westfork Steakhouse next door as it is horrible!!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the location and the price. The place was clean and the front desk clerk was attentive and nice. My room was clean and it was a place to sleep and shower. The TV remote was broke as well as the clock radio. When I wanted a bottle of water I went to the machine and it wasn't working. They did have a hot breakfast included for guests, it was good.

If you are looking for a 5-star resort with all the service and amenities, this is not the place for you, that being said if you need a room and place to shower, for the price you cant go wrong.

Woodbridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Okay let me start by saying I'm not a hotel snob at all which is why staying here didn't seem like a bad idea at the time but even I was amazed at how low budget this place was. First the room smelled like it was freshly painted which gave me an almost immediate headache, not to mention the fact that it didn't appear to be freshly painted at all! After Febreze-ing everything I turned on the a/c unit to discover that it did not have a continuous fan option and being that it was 80+ degrees outside and smelled like paint, this was VERY unpleasant. There were limited outlets, the television was fuzzy and I've NEVER been to a hotel where they found it necessary to attach the iron to the ironing board smh. Secondly, the free WI-FI is totally WORTHLESS!! I pretty much had to use my cell as a hotspot because their connection was horrible. Now let's talk about this complimentary breakfast...okay I get it's "free" but really generic Little Debbie snacks, ALDI oatmeal and egg beaters does not constitute breakfast! There was some kind of meat but it was gone by the time I got there, the best thing was the waffles. There was one ice machine on the first floor and they keep the bucket in the bathroom which is slightly off putting but whatever. Speaking of the bathroom, there was less than half a roll of toilet paper and a replacement roll waiting when I got there; when I went to install the other roll, the whole contraption fell apart! Aside from that the bathroom floor, as well as the carpet in the room, was filthy; I wore shoes the entire time. Lastly, I had at least 6 room keys during my 2 day stay! Each and every time I went out and returned my key wouldn't work! Highly annoying to say the least, especially since every time I got a new key the front desk would ask me when I was checking out. All in all I would NOT stay here again and would NEVER recommend it to anyone!! I could've and should've spent the extra $30/nt and stayed at the Hampton Inn down the street.

Vermilion, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Days Inn is very close to dining and right off Interstate 80. The room was clean - we had 4 rooms and they put us all together which was great. The breakfast was good and convenient since we were leaving by 8:30am. It is a good standard hotel with everything you need for under $70 a night. We didn't use the indoor pool but it looked very clean. I would stay again for a quick overnight

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tolland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very nice & reasonable priced lodging. We came back 8 days later on our way back from St Louis Mo to CT

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Smithfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The room was clean and we appreciated the hotel allwoing our dog to stay. THe bed pillows were very poor quality and we missed the continental breakfast. We were not informed that it ended at 9am. Our room was not equipped with internet service and were told to go to another room for internet. The staff said every other room has internet service and ours did not.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn & Suites Girard? Share your experiences!