“Friendly and relaxed meal” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Friendly and relaxed meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Been eating here for over 7 years or so and it has changed hands since my first visit. Definitely for the better. Used to be a carvery style diner but now al a carte with good choice of meals. My 86 year old father always chooses the liver and onion option and loves it. Don't know where he puts it all as it's quite a plateful but he never leaves anything on his plate. Prices very reasonable and staff really pleasant and as has already been said, they obviously seem to enjoy what they do and do it with a smile. Nice decor too . There is an interesting antique shop next door as well and is well worth a browse round after you have eaten.

• Visited May 2014

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“West Station”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The service was excellent with lots of banter with the waiting staff who seemed to like being there. Very responsive and always smiling. The Food was ok and I think that you get what you pay for. Menu seemed a little dated but I think that it will probably fit the perceived customer profile. nice beers available but only a guest beer on tap (others bottled) The general look of the interior was a bit scruffy - tables & chairs a bit aged and casual for me. The reason for 3 stars probably will not visit again but not the end of the world if I went with friends.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent food,excellent prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This restaurant/pub is sited in what was the Bexhill West railway station building ,and the decor has a railway theme which personally I loved. There is a good selection of ales and wines at very reasonable prices. I visited with a family party of 6 , including one vegetarian , all had a different main course , and all were very happy with our choices. Food was freshly cooked , there was a good choice and service was very friendly.
The pub part I have to say was a little off putting - when we entered it felt like a scene from an old westerm movie! - all the patrons stopped talking and turned to look at the strangers entering their turf! , but dont let that put you off. The restaurant is highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bromley, United Kingdom
“WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had a meal here for the first time last night. The staff were friendly and efficient and did everything they could to ensure we were happy with the meal. The food was all freshly cooked, good quality and presented well. My husband had the mixed grill which he said was the nicest he has ever had!! We had the liver and bacon, the grilled cod and the chicken sizzler, all were lovely. When I go again I will not make the mistake of having a starter, which could have been a main meal in itself, but I couldn't resist the whitebait. The portions are very generous. I will certainly be using this restaurant again soon. We were surprised when the bill came at the price. This is a hidden gem!

• Visited April 2014
Thetford, United Kingdom
“Everything was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I visited here as a belated birthday meal for my mother in law and belated wedding anniversary there was 6 adults in total when we arrived we could chose what table to have, The lights were subtle with candles on the table making it a really nice atmosphere. Very quick service wide choice of food available, and all at good value too.
Our food came quickly piping hot and all fresh, and large portions. I had the king prawn sizzler and I am very picky with prawns and these were perfect all the veg was deliciously fresh,
The deserts were all homemade and excellent tasted like proper homemade deserts should.
At the end we were pleasantly surprised by how much the bill was for 6 of us plus drinks, the staff were so friendly and bubbly.
Could not fault at all and am talking when to go back there with friends and family.

• Visited March 2014