“Nice full English” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nice full English”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great place for full English breakfast. Cooked very well & not run by youngsters with microwaves! Not greasy & not over priced.....I fact just right

Visited July 2013

St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex
“Apologies Kitchen Closed ???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

After hearing fantastic reviews we called in there today for a quick snack to check out this 'hidden treasure', having walked passed it on numerous occasions. It was just before 1.00 p.m. Moments after sitting down a very friendly young chap took our order. We could then hear the 'chef' ranting & raving in the kitchen saying "you'd better stop taking orders until i've cleared the back-log" There were around 14 tables inside of which three were occupied ?? With this the 'chef' instructed the waiter to close the door, then marched through the cafe & posted a 'laminated' sign in the window saying 'apologies kitchen closed'. We counted 10 or more people / families walk up to the door and go elsewhere ... what we had was lovely & came so quickly ... but what was all that about ! To have a laminated sign indicates this wasn't the 1st time and in a town full of cafes, retaurants & pubs, I'm surprised they can affordf to turn business away !!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SadiesCafe, Manager at Sadies Cafe, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I do apologize if I (The chef present on the day) seemed to bring some discomfort during your meal.
Friday 23rd of August was one of our busiest days With a total of 83 Meals cooked between 9 and 2. The kitchen works best with 2 Chefs working but due to holiday from another staff member, This caused the kitchen to have only 1 Chef working. This was causing delays resulting in myself taking the action to close the doors for sometime to 'Catch up.'
I can totally understand no one wants to be turned away, let alone turning away business but i had to make the decision to close so that i could quickly sort myself out to still deliver 'Great food.'
I hope you did have a good experience at Sadies and hopefully be seeing you again soon.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you for your time.
James Gray
(Head Chef)
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, great service with outdoor seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Haven't got anything to complain about here. Service was great, food was lovely and there is a nice private yard where we sat and ate our breakfast. Very reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A proper all day breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sadies fairly recently changed hands and is now in my opinion better than ever - they do a fabulous all day breakfast which I can't resist (one day I'll get round to trying the other items on the menu!) Friendly staff and good service at reasonable prices, right in the heart of Bexhill. The perfect cafe :-)

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

All the times I have been there I've always had good food and service, always had good reports about from others as well

• Visited January 2013