“Wonderful little restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Wonderful little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had yet another excellent meal in Kavi Restaurant. Always excellent service, no disappointing meals. Price is very good as is value for money. Would highly recommend you to try them out.
Cheap 2 course lunches £5.95 and very reasonable evening meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

UK
“hot food on a cold plate!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

When I last visited I couldn't believe that they served my veal in cream sauce, saute potatoes and spinach on a plate that was stone cold! Food was okay, although a tad over-priced. To be fair to the current owners this was some time ago so plates may indeed now be hot. If then can guarantee that hot food will be served on hot plates, I'd return.

Visited September 2011
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good food at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We visited with family who regularly eat here and have told us numerous times how good the food is. For the price the food is not just good it’s exceptional!

We went at lunchtime so I can only base my opinion on that but if you are in the area give it a try. They aren’t trying to be ultra trendy or anything, just good honest well cooked food served by smiling friendly staff.

Well done. Shame it’s 140 miles away.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
“Another lovely meal at Kavi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was our second visit to Kavi and we were not disappointed. Great starter and main course with attentive and very plesant service. Wine was reasonable and although the restaurant was quiet we had a great time. This is a great addition to the eating out experience in Bexhill and we will be back soon. Many thanks to all staff, especially the delightful waitress.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“No atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

When we first got to the restaurant, it looked closed from the outside.. The lighting inside was very dim and it was only because we saw a couple at a table that we realised it was in fact open. There was absolutely no atmosphere in the restaurant and we had to ask for candles to be brought to the table just to give it some. My starter of deep fried Squid was amazing. Very well cooked and very tender. probably one of the best I have had outside of Spain. The rest of the meal? - not so good!

By contrast, my main course of Scampi was probably one of the worst I have had. Overcooked and served with oven chips. Having seen the other reviews, perhaps I was just unlucky on the day. However, would I go back? No.

• Visited May 2012