After some last minute research - we decided to spend a sunny weekend in Battle. Neither of us had been to the area before, so we relied on trip advisor reviews when choosing our accommodation for the night.
Attracted to the ideal location and unique features, we decided to give Powdermills a try - we are glad we did.
A couple of things you should know when booking
1. The average age of the guests are senior (we are in our 30's) We found this added to the charm of this county manor. It is clear that many of the 70/80's customs and decor have been untouched to appeal to a certain clientele. Imagine Dirty Dancing Kellerman Resort!
2. You will be getting great value for money. You feel very special when you stay at Powdermills. It is easy to imagine that in it's hay day only the wealthy traveller would grace it's dining rooms. It is now a very affordable £100 per night for a basic room.
Food - we found the food to be of a good standard with good size portions. In keeping with the retro theme, lunch consists of afternoon tea favourites such as coronation egg and smoked salmon and cream cheese.
Rooms - Clean and comfortable. Flat screen tv's are a surprising addition to a room at nanna's house. Some reviews have mentioned the heating. There is a fan and a heater provided. It must be extremely hard to heat such a big manor house to everyone's preference. We did not find this an issue.
Service - The lunch service was a little slow. With such a vast area available for eating, it is hard to get the attention of a waiter to order drinks. Not a major issue.
The reception are very helpful and always available with information. They assisted us in booking a table at a local restaurant for dinner as there is no mobile reception in the rooms.
Location - The reason we will be returning. Beautiful lake side views coupled with some roaming geese and a random peacock - a little English gem.
See you in the Summer!!
- Also Known As:
- Powdermills Country Hotel
- Powdermills Country Battle
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your PowderMills Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.