“It works..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Slimmeria Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
Hye House | Royal Oak Lane, Crowhurst, Battle TN33 9BX, England   |
Surrey, Canada
“It works..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

It works.........if you do.
Just spent a lovely
week at The Slimmeria Retreat and lost an amazing 14.5 lbs in one week.
It was hard work and clearly l had a lot to lose, but if you stick to the very well thought out programme, the results speak for themselves.
Galia, the owner, is a hard task driver, who is brilliant at her job, and has an answer for everything. Follow her advice, guidance and those of her great staff team, and you too, could benefit from a visit to this Georgian retreat.

Miriam

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just spent a week at Slimmeria - lost 5.5kg and 41cms of total measurements. This is not an easy week - but to get these results it couldnt be. Galia the owner and her staff are an inspiration.
You exercise all morning, then treats in the spa in the afternoon. I was blessed with great weather and the countryside is lovely - lots of mud though - take really good walking boots - its worth it. Least weight loss on the week I went was 6lbs - average about 8lbs. I feel great, de-stressed and more confidence about how i look in years. Best of all - I cynically thought as soon as I got home I would regain it all (just water) that hasnt happened and inspired to go to the gym and continue avoiding the foods that cause the problems. The other guests were great and had a really positive attitude. Key tips - Dont think about food - you have enough to eat - but you might not like all the vegetables - but think of the results! Also get your own room if you can afford the extra. Would strongly recommend and planning to return at the end of the year with partner - there were 2 guys with their wives & they also had a great week & didnt feel excluded - and not least lost 7kgs!

Room Tip: Pick the best you can they are lovely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I went to Slimmeria twice: for a long "taster" weekend last year and for a five days' stay this February. It was not that much about the weight loss for me as I am size 10, but more a 'fine-tuning' of my life style, energizing, de-stressing and re-charging. This was exactly the result I have got: I came back as a person whom I like to see in my mirror: a bite slimer, much more toner (8 miles cross country walking a day!), with a fresh face and shining eyes. Whatever I say about Galia here will be understatement: she is a unique character; she makes everyone feel welcomed and cared about and at the same time keeps a strong grip on holding things on a proper track so that you receive the full benefits of your stay. I strongly recommend this place to everyone, regardless of age and background, who would like to receive a kick start on changing their habits to a better living and healthies life style. You will never regret coming here.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have just returned from my second stay at The Slimmeria feeling relaxed, regenerated, and several pounds lighter. I first went to The Slimmeria in February 2012, hoping to shift a couple of pounds, what I experienced was much much deeper than that. Unlike most spas, I’ve been to in the past, The Slimmeria is small, intimate, and has a real sense of community. Underpinning the retreat is Galia’s simple philosophy, which she imparts with enormous enthusiasm and conviction. She gives you lots of tips throughout your stay so that you can implement small changes to your lifestyle to help maintain what you’ve achieved during your stay. The programme really works, has been put together with a great deal of thought and experience, and delivered quite amazing results for all the guests during both of my visits, who lost between 8lbs and 17lbs in a week. No detox is easy, but the combination of walks in the beautiful South Downs, varied exercise and yoga classes in the morning, followed by some well deserved pampering in the afternoon, and the sense of community and solidarity that builds between the guests, make it a unique experience.

I’d whole heartedly recommend The Slimmeria to anyone who wants to lose weight, regain their focus, and make some positive changes to their lives.

Room Tip: The garden room, is beautifully furnished, has access to a beautiful walled garden, and an enormous...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a lovely place to do some serious detoxing, lose weight and regain fitness, with guided walks around the local woodlands and coast each morning, daily yoga and keep-fit classes and vegetarian food. Be warned, though, your food intake is closely monitored, so anyone not planning to lose weight would have to phone in advance to discuss this. In the afternoon there are spa treatments, some included with one's chosen package, or one is free to go walking or exploring the local towns. The house is a beautifully restored Georgian pile with deluxe and standard bedrooms, most with antique furniture. Guests at any one time number 10 to 15, so one benefits from plenty of personal attention. The regime is, however, more austere than Champney's – with a recommended bedtime of nine or ten o'clock – so don't assume you are heading for a mini-Champneys. And do let the owner, Galia, know if you don't like cabbage or other vegetables!

Room Tip: You may benefit from a larger and nicer room if you agree to share, but all the rooms are fine, many...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have just come back from a fantastic two weeks at the retreat.
It provided everything I had hoped for...weight loss, detox, relaxation and increased energy and exercise tolerance.
As I doctor I feel happy to say that although the calorie intake is very low, the food is so nutritious that you real feel as though you are doing your body a world of good.
If you have the time I would recommend two weeks as I found the second week much easier and you leave feeling like a totally new person.
Galia runs the retreat so well and is actively involved in all aspects which I think really helps to keep the motivation of the whole group going. The house is beautiful and the food delicious, highly recommended!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wales,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The focus of this trip for me was all about a 'lifestyle change.' Smoking, caffeine. lethargy, mild depression and the inability to sleep were some of the concerns I wanted to address. I was desperate, lacking discipline and application I knew this trip was not for the faint hearted, however, grim determination on my side, I would do it all over again and even pay double for the privilege! I returned feeling re-energised, content and very very grateful for the experience.
The owner, Galia. is amazing, the countryside is inspirational and the comradery established in the plight for the common good will further your determination. Two months on and I am still a non-smoker. I have an entirely different 'relationship' with food and excercise, I actually want to do some!!! Don't be put off with 400 calories per day, it doesn't take too long to push through the pain barrier amd you will feel totally transformed at the end of it. As weight loss was not among my objectives(I am a size 10), I put a good 6 to 8llbs on to cope with the regime. A regime is exactly what it is and exactly what it needs to be. Everything is set up for you in 'timetable' fashion. which in itself, is a luxury.... no thinking required!
If you are male, don't be put off by the possiblity of a predominantly female group. We had 1 male in a group of 11 and he embraced all activities with heart and soul, and like us all, returned home a better person. This is a challenge and something you really do need to do for yourself and something you can do alone, there is a 'family' there waiting for you. Good luck.

Thank you so much Galia, I so hope to return one day,

Regards,
Elaine

Room Tip: Get a room with on suite, you will need it due to the amount of water you drink!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Slimmeria Retreat? Share your experiences!