“Unfairly maligned staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 42 Restaurants in Southwold
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Head Chef Rory Whelan and the team have a great relationship with local farmers and fishermen to ensure our menus are fresh, seasonal and locally-sourced. You’ll find traditional favourites as well as a range of contemporary dishes to choose from The Swan Menus.
cambridge
“Unfairly maligned staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have to say that i visited this hotel for morning tea after the loss of my nan . I was on my own and having a very tough time . The lady that served me sat and talked to me and spent considerable time Listening to me talk about my loss . I know that everyone's experience is individual, but such kindness is rare and I very much appreciated it .

AdnamsSouthwold, Manager at The Swan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing with us, our sincerest condolences. Janet was the member of my team who you spoke too, I have shared this with Janet. We genuinely appreciate what you have said, thank you.

Yours sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Southminster, United Kingdom
“Lunch at the Swan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We visit Southwold 3 or 4 times a year and always hava a meal at the Swan. We usually find an imaginative menu with locally sourced produce,good well trained staff and very good wine list. The resteraunt manager has been there nearly six years now and has maintained their high standards. The place has an old world charm and to us is expensive but our visits are a treat

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
AdnamsSouthwold, Manager at The Swan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. Its great that we continually remain your treat whilst in Southwold, and I thank you sincerely for your support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas
United Kingdom
“Lunch at the Swan Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very disappointing. Spoilt our day and we would never return even though we were offered a free lunch for two. Lunch took two and a half hours for a two course meal for five. The restaurant was not busy, there were only ten other people eating lunch. Food was luke warm and took ages to arrive. The rosti was stodgy and limp and the salmon sauce gritty. One dessert was warm and not hot and was just a solidified greasy lump of stodge. Some of the flavour combinations were revolting.The thoughtful gesture of writing Happy Birthday was diminished by the misspelling of "BIRTHDY". There is more but I suspect you get the picture. It must be said that the waitresses did there best to improve a very bad experience.

Harlow, United Kingdom
“Cream Tea at the Swan Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Booked for a cream tea, very relaxed setting, polite staff and a very tasty cream tea yum yum.
Plenty of tea and not hurried, can't wait to return.

Visited November 2012
AdnamsSouthwold, Manager at The Swan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your review, and all of your kind words. We cant wait for you to return also!

Kind regards
Southwold, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel in the middle of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food, wonderful staff, in the middle very reasonable food prices, could do with a few more comfy sofas in lounge area , but besides that a great place to be.

Visited October 2012
AdnamsSouthwold, General Manager at The Swan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank for taking the time to share your recent visit. I'm pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit, and a sincere thanks for your kind words regarding our team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards