Stayed three nights during Dec. 2013. After staying in several 5* hotels in various parts of the UK we would place the Riverside at the top of the list. We stayed at the Bear in Woodstock, the Lygon Arms in Broadway both luxurious hotels and noted for who stayed there. The Riverside, although not as luxurious earned top notches in every category. The staff were all friendly and went out their way to make our stay positive. The room was very comfortable and the first room of the week that was not too hot for sleeping. We asked where we could do our laundry and they offered to do it for us at no charge! How unusual is that? They were hosting a Christmas party last night and the manager roped off a section of the car park so we would have a place to park. Small things like these are typical of the staff at the Riverside. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Hotel Mildenhall
- Riverside House Hotel Mildenhall, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside House Hotel is set on the picturesque banks of the river Lark and is located in the attractive historic town of Mildenhall. Despite undergoing a complete renovation in 2010, this 18th-century building has maintained its beautiful period features and is now bursting with a contemporary, modern charm. If you require spacious conference facilities for all your business related events, private dinners, weddings, parties, or summer barbecues, our picturesque grounds, stylish rooms and finest local cuisine, the Riverside House is the perfect venue. The hotel is situated near to the A11 and provides our guests with good access to all the local areas such Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Newmarket, Thetford and Cambridge - so whether you are looking for a relaxing break, a day at Newmarket races or wanting to find out more about this historic town and its surrounding villages, the Riverside House Hotel is the perfect location from which to venture. Mildenhall is host to a number of first class sporting events; our local football team is fast climbing the ranks of the semi-professional league, our cricket team boasts one of the finest grounds in the county and is host to a number of minor county games during the summer and for the more aquatic minded there is an excellent pool 5 minutes from the hotel. The Riverside has its own floodlit, 2 court petanque (boules) court in the garden for everyone to enjoy (except some Monday nights when we play in the local league. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riverside House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.