“Pricey at night, but great lunch deals!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pricey at night, but great lunch deals!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This restaurant and hotel seems to be pretty quiet during the day, but they offer a great lunch deal. I believe it was around £25 for two three course lunches. The soup was ok, the entree was pretty good, but the dessert was excellent!

“Enjoyed it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

My family, which includes 2 small children, had dinner here one summer evening. We sat outside & loved the garden atmosphere. We essentially had two waitresses; both were great. They were also attentive to our talkative 3 year old, which was appreciated. We didn't order anything special, & it tasted as expected. Price was as expected. We liked it and will probably eat there again when we have a chance.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Lovely decor, food is good, service is ok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I only have one dislike and that's sometimes the service for food takes too long especially when there are only a couple of tables to serve. There Xmas party nights are great fun I would definitely recommend them

Visited December 2011
Ely, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

To be fair we have experienced some very nice Sunday lunches at this restaurant but on this occasion the standard was very poor & when we complained it was dismissed in a pompous & conceited manner by the hotel manager who obviously did not appreciate our feedback or agree any recompense. The prawn cocktail starters were served in a wine glasses & were conspicuous by the absence of more than two prawns & the Parma ham salad was essentially just various types of lettuce. The beef main course was also extremely fatty & unappetising, compounded by the fact that three slices were served rather than the normal two. Our complaint was made in a calm & civil way but the attitude & response of the general manager was far from customer orientated & consequently we will not be visiting again.

Ged005, General Manager at The Riverside House Restaurant, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding the lunch you had with us on Sunday 18th December 2011.
I would like to comment on some of the points you have made. At no point during your lunch did you make any suggestions that you were unhappy with the meal, despite being asked if everything was all right with your meal. It was only the day after when I received your e mail that I realised that you were unhappy. I replied back to you with quite a detailed explanation as to why we did the things we did. Your reply to this was one of appreciation but still disappointment. The next communication with us was again by E mail on Friday 20th January stating “before I go to Tripadvisor I want a refund”. I duly responded to you in a courteous way. Finally as I have never met you, I find your comment that your “complaint was dismissed in a pompous and conceited manner” rather difficult to understand.
I again would like to apologise for the for your disappointing lunch, however I do feel that your comments were handled in a respectful and considerate way.