“Excellant out of the way Haverhill hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Haverhill

You added Days Inn Haverhill to your Saves list
Days Inn Haverhill
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Phoenix Road | Haverhill Business Park, Haverhill CB9 7AE, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
“Excellant out of the way Haverhill hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our group of relatives and friends stayed at the Days Inn at Haverhill for just the one night but found it a very pleasant surprise indeed. It is not an easy place to find being located off the main carriage way and embedded around an industrial park, but in that lies one of its main attractions.

The hotel is quiet and out of the way and if it is piece and quiet in a well run and friendly hotel then the Days Inn hits the mark. The staff on the front desk are very friendly and keen to help, the rooms are very spacious and at a rate of just £63 for a family size one must be rated as a bargain. The beds are springy and although the set pillows are rather on the small size, there are plenty of others available in your room. Don't expect much in the way of satellite TV stations as you only get the basic 5 channels or so, or indeed any biscuits to wake up to although there are generous portions of tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

Breakfast was self service but perfectly fine. I can vouch for the chipolata sausages and Heinz (please note bean lovers!) baked beans, and there was an ample selection of cereals, juices, rolls and toast although I am told that the scrambled egg was nothing to write home about.

Overall a first class stay in a very good hotel and one that our group would revisit when next in the area

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Days Inn Haverhill, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly. Our Director is one of those 'baked bean lovers' you refer to and insists we only use Heinz. Our sausages are sourced from a local butcher in Kedington. I am currently investigating why you only received 5 TV channels as all our T.V's have free view so you should of received alot more. Once again, many thanks for your feedback. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

First of all your sat nav will only get you within about half a mile of this place. Keep following the road until you find phoenix road and you'll see the hotel.

Not much to say about this place really other than cheap, comfortable, and clean. The breakfast was poor consisting of cremated sausages, powdered scrambled eggs, hash browns and beans, but everything else is ok and no more but this is a budget hotel. Ok for a night but no more.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. Any one reading this may find it useful to know that you are correct if you put our post code in a Sat Nav it does not bring you all the way to the hotel. We have been trying to resolve this with the Sat Nav companies for some time now. However, we do advertise on all our literature that we recommend you put CB9 8QA or Bumpstead Road in your Sat Nav it will bring you to the road directly outside the hotel. We advertise our breakfast on our websites as a continental buffet breakfast (danish, croissant, crumpets, pain au chocolat, breadrolls and butter, cereals, porridge, selection of yoghurts, grapefruit, fresh fruit, toast and preserves, selection of hot beverages and fruit juices) locally sourced fresh sausages, Heinz baked beans, hash browns and scrambled egg. We appreciate this is not a full English so simply advertise it as a continental buffet. I was pleased to read you found our facilities to be clean and comfortable. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis and I can not fault anything.
The rooms are clean and comfortable with the staff always extremely polite & helpful..
Its always very quiet - in fact sometimes I think I'm the only resident!
Best on offer in the area for "value for money"
My only grumble is the harvester adjacent is terrible for food quality and service.

Room Tip: Ask for a pet free room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Days Inn Haverhill, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I was really pleased to read the very positive comments about the cleanliness standards and the team. I will mention your comments to the new Harvester Manager so she can attempt to resolve the issues. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Was expecting a standard similar to the Travellodge standard.Found the hotel to be brand new, Staff to be exceptional, even at New Year's Eve. Inclusive of a very good breakfast, not overly elaborate, but well done, with local produce and quality items (Heinz beans for example). Simon was a saviour. very helpful and great customer service. Would recommend for a single night stay. Nearby Harvester if needed, but bar is available 24/7. Very well done!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Days Inn Haverhill, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest, I would first like to thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I really appreciate your positive comments and will make sure all the team (especially Simon) are aware of the comments you made. I opened the hotel in 2006 and the team and I work hard to ensure the standards are maintained and use guest feedback to improve our offering. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager.
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Had a nice stay when working in Haverhil the hotel was very clean quiet and the staff were very helpfully friendly and welcoming self service breakfast was nicely presented the internet access I found was expensive as most similar hotels have free access for guests , and to buy an hour's internet to check your mail which has to be used all at once once you have logged in rather than small sessions just to check one's mail ,was a bit of a rip of f ,saying this I would certainly stay again and recommend this hotel to anyone ...

Room Tip: All rooms good try and get one on the front entrance side as there is a huge twenty four hour indust...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Days Inn Haverhill, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing a Trip Advisor review. I am really pleased that you liked our facilities. We appreciate your feeback about the wifi charges and will discuss this at the next review meeting. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager.
Stamford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stay at very many hotels throughout the year & can honestly say that the Days Inn Hotel at Haverhill is by far the best hotel on my list. The Manager & staff are all fantastic, friendly & nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are looked after well by the housekeeping team & breakfast is great.
Whenever I work in the area the Days Inn becomes my second home. Thanks Guys

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Days Inn Haverhill, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. Your kind comments are really appreciated and have been passed onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year. Have a fantastic Christmas from every one at Days Inn Haverhill. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager.
Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stay on average 10 nights a month in accommodation in the uk. This has been the worst in the past 12 months.

The good points
A) I was staying only one night
B) I had paid cash the night before so staff did not have to beat me up to make me pay. Otherwise I would have left without paying it was that bad

The mediocre
The rooms were ok - but a little smelly
Beds were like trampolines
No baths the shower has not enough force.

The bad
The breakfast was inedible. The hotel manager agreed with me that they should probably not attempt to do a hot option given the amount of complaints they get about it.
The eggs are made from some type of reconstituted powder. The croissants were stale. The sausage was cooked hours beforehand and was shrivelled. There was and never is bacon.
The continental option was tinned grapefruit segments and one pot of yogurt
The coffee is Mae from one of those dispensing machines that some people now pay huge money for to create a retro 60's-70's room along with an original whirlitzer and a pinball machine

The downright unacceptable
The attitude of staff and management
We booked a room on bed and breakfast for 70£ single rate and £80 for a twin. All the staff agreed that the breakfast was not acceptable. The manager agreed that she had never even tasted the 'egg type product'
But they would to accept that this should in anyway be merited a compensation. They stated that breakfast was complimentary - ignoring the law that when sold as a package all parts of the package have a monetary value and that company policy was not to ever give a discount (probably easier that way than having to compensate a huge number of guests - as would be the case)
I asked that someone in head office contact me. No one did.
I expect no one will.
I asked of all the staff 'is this the best you can do?'
Apparently it is.
I wonder is the entire days chain as useless and uncaring

Room Tip: Pick a good room by taking one not in this hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Days Inn Haverhill, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Sirs,

I was sorry to read that you felt we did not care about your disappointment in our breakfast provision.

At reception I listened to your concerns and promised to carry out a full investigation and get back to you by e-mail. Your colleague kindly gave me a business card so I was able to do this. To which you responded that I had 24hours to do so or you would post a disparaging review on Trip Advisor. We rarely have guest complaints but it is our policy to always carry out a full investigation and to get back to the guest with a resolution ASAP. An e-mail response was sent within the required time scale, and a refund for what we would have charged for 3 breakfasts if you were not a guest of the hotel, was made as a gesture of goodwill. I also agreed to investigate your suggestion of reverting back to only providing a continental breakfast buffet.

I carried out a full investigation with the team. I believe when you raised your comments with the team about where was the fried eggs and bacon we explained that we do not offer these items as part of our continental or hot buffet selection. I understand that if that was what you desired this would be annoying. Then you expressed your dislike of our scrambled egg so my colleague cooked you some fresh scrambled egg even though breakfast had concluded. Fresh sausages were also put in the oven. Breakfast timings were extended to enable you and your colleagues to have breakfast.

We appreciate that the hot selection we offer (locally produced fresh sausages, Heinz baked beans, hash browns and scrambled egg) cannot be classed as a 'full English'. This is why on the Days Inn website it is described as a 'free continental breakfast'. The decision to add the hot selection to our continental breakfast (fruit juice, fresh fruit, various choices of tea, coffee and hot chocolate, croissants, pain au chocolat, Danish's, toast, preserves, a choice of yoghurts, muffins, grapefruit segments and sweet muffins) was made following guest feedback that they would like a hot selection added, demonstrating that we do indeed take all guest feedback seriously.

My colleague informed me that he gave you a tour of the hotel rooms before you made your reservation with us. The room type you viewed was the room type you booked in, the beds we use are a high quality Hypnos bed and the bathroom for this particular room type does have a shower. There are other room types available if you had requested a bath. When these additional dislikes were identified in the Trip Advisor feedback I immediately arranged for the Housekeeper to check the bed and the shower.

Rest assured we take all customer feedback seriously and are extremely disappointed to read that you did not think this to be the case. If we did not respond to customer feedback or take pride in our hotel we would not have received the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2013.

Best Regards
Donna Revell

Been to Days Inn Haverhill? Share your experiences!