“Worthwhile visit” 4 of 5 stars

Withersfield Road, Haverhill CB9 9LA, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Haverhill
“Worthwhile visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010 via mobile

Wonderful carvery, very pleasant experience, both the waiting staff and chef were very helpful. Have recommened to friends. Will go back.

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

we decided to eat here as its fairly local ,

the waiter was pleasant and keen to please , the carvery is served up on fairly small plates so you cant take much , the veg was tasteless , more so than the microwaved tinned stuff we sometimes at home , yorkshires were cold at this was 15 mins after opening

i really couldnt reccomend anyone to eat there , poor show from all but the waiter

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Bury St Edmunds
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Went there with my husband and 2 children on a sunday afternoon as we were in the area. All I can say is I wished I had gone on my first impression. The building is in need of a full refurb. (Very out-dated and dark) I The toilets leaked. I wanted to walk out there and then, but the children were hungry and my husband said lets just give it a try. What a mistake that was!!! The Carvery was just awful, The veg was all soggy like it had been under the heat lamp for hours, there was hardly any meat left to choose from and when I asked if there was a bar menu..I was told we don't have bar food on a Sunday. So I didn't eat. The children were uncatered for so had to have the Carvery...which they hated as the food was like processed baby food. WORD OF ADVICE!...AVOID AT ALL COSTS..SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY HEALTH & SAFTEY.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Haverhill, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

My partner & myself stopped for the Carvery on Sunday 3/5/09. We were one of the first people there our waitress was lovely. We went up to the Carvey and it looked wonderful although the chef (so called) came across as quite intimadating and constantly going on at the staff.
All the food was overcooked, you could not tell one meat from another. I did tell the waitress whom was not very happy about telling the Chef, but she did and he did not say a word. S
Would defintely not recommend.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Braintree
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

After a long drive my wife and I decided to stop in Haverhill for a walk as we always enjoy the Market. We where stopped in the street by a very chirpy young man who presented us with a "Free glass of wine" and £3.95 carvery!! we couldn't believe our eyes and both expected the carvery to be cheap, The young man insisted "everything was cooked fresh and nothing but the ice was frozen" We decided to go to the Rose and Crown and it was far from what we expected. The Food was wonderful, the service was 5 star and the whole experience was marvelous. we had a the same chap who gave us the flyer be our waiter, to say he was attentive is an understatement, even though it was very busy, he attended to our every whim in a quick and tidy manner. The food was reminiscent of my childhood around my grandparents!! fantastic roast potatoes and beautiful cuts of meat.
over all the experience was fantastic. The bill was only £25.00 for 2 people and 3 courses, i would have happily paid double!!

• Stayed February 2009
Suffolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

Will keep this brief i had the displeasure of going to this hotel for dinner with my partner and her parents. The food they served up in thier so called cavery was nothing short of awful i would not serve it to a pig. I was ill for 3 days after eating there. Th e so called chef was very rude towards my partner and was very arrogant. They promised my partner a phone call to apologise for thier chefs rudeness but we have still not heard a thing from them. Shocking!!!!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone not even my worst enemy.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

Stayed there with my wife and kids when i went to my friends birthday party.

The staff were rude totally impolite. hotel was shabby.

During my stay my jacket went missing from my room management did not seem to care.

Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Liked — The Exit
  • Disliked — The entrance
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rose and Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!