“1st class place to eat in Norfolk” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mount Bures, United Kingdom
“1st class place to eat in Norfolk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Having recently eaten at a number of "1st class hotels" and having been disappointed its was a very pleasant surprise to find this little gem.
Pleasent helpful staff,presentation,and quality of food was first class.Together with a wide choice of menu at a good price,this made The Mill the best place we have eaten in a long time.
Thank you all very much we certainly will be back.

Visited September 2013

Kings Lynn
“Consistently Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is one of the better places to eat in West Norfolk in that the food is of a consistent quality and always very satisfying. It's about a year since we last visited as it's a bit of a trek from where we live but it's worth the journey.

The two courses for £12 at lunchtimes (except for Sunday) is very good value. Two of us opted for starter and main, our two friends had main and dessert. We're not dessert eaters but what they had looked great, as did puddings at a nearby table.

We visited on a Saturday and it was unusually quiet. We'd made reservations anyway and it's worth doing as it can fill up quickly.

We'll revisit in a few weeks' time as the menu caters for most tastes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Swaffham, United Kingdom
“Great pub & restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We moved into Swaffham earlier this year and have since been regulars at the Windmill. We've always received good service and great food. I'd certainly say the Windmill is one of the best of places to eat in the area and we regularly take friends and family there when they visit. We certainly look forward to the next excuse to visit!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Two-paced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited the Mill for lunch, not for the first time, for a family occasion. It's a pub, with a smart dining room attached. On arriving, we looked at the menus on the bar - which looked quite good, but were then told that those were the evening menus. The daytime menus are rather ordinary pub grub. Smart tablecloths do not make the food any better.

Best advice is that if you want a lunchtime treaty occasion, find somewhere else, because you will get OK food and no more.

If the evening menu lives up to the description, then it could be good, but for us that would be quite a gamble.

Visited March 2013
Dereham, null, United Kingdom
“Relaxed Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Booked a table for 3, 2 weeks in advance as was told it can get busy here. This was our first visit to celebrate hubby's birthday. First impression was very good - it was full of people already started eating when we arrived at 1.30. There were two groups of birthday celebrations so long tables and they were already eating their main course when we were seated. This meant that service was not as good as it should be. Our food took a while to be served and the prawn cocktail starter was presented well but did not taste nice, I suspect it was defrosted in the microwave. It was quite disappointing for me as I love my prawns and I can tell its quality when I taste it. A good variety of choice for the main course as well as the dessert, I opted to have all three meat(pork, chicken and beef) while hubby and daughter had pork and beef each. As the service was quite slow, it was already nearly 3pm when our dessert order was taken and the only one I fancied had gone so ask for the ice cream instead which was presented nicely. We didn't know that they have two settings for Sundays and by the time we got our dessert, they were already busy getting the next setting done so we had to rush our food as we felt being in the way of their preparations - I hate eating my food in a rush especially if you paid to eat in a place. The relaxed atmosphere didn't seem appropriate in this case. We even had to ask for our coffee to be served which was included in the 3-course-meal we ordered. I didn't even manage to finish drinking my coffee as we felt we must rush out. After all the good write-up on here, I can't really say the place is special. Still, we will come back again in future.

• Visited April 2013