“Interesting experience” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Martock, United Kingdom
“Interesting experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Having never visited a Russian restaurant before I was looking forward to the experience.
Generally speaking the food was very pleasant (apart from the sauerkraut which was too vinegary for my liking).
We had a bottle of Moldovan wine which I would not wish to repeat as it was quite 'harsh'.
Generally a reasonable experience that you may wish to try.

Visited July 2012

Dersingham
“A Little Piece of Russia on Your Doorstep!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I so agree with the previous reviews, so I am not going to repeat them. The whole experience, from walking through the arch at street level to leaving, took me back to when I visited Moscow in the 1980's. After an energy sapping walk in the late afternoon, driving home via Swaffham, I suddenly realised we needed to try out this restaurant and screeched to halt outside. I was "fed and watered" in a Russian bubble that I cannot fault. The food was filling, excellent value, and the wine superb. And, I just love the way the tables are laid out in such a regimented way. Please do not fault them for not taking debit/credit cards, it was a pleasure to hand over hard earned cash.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honiton, United Kingdom
“NOSTALGIA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This proved to be an ideal opportunity to relive visits to Russia and to enjoy some excellent cooking. I was not disappointed. The setting is appropriately understated. The atmosphere is charming with Russian music providing a back cloth to the overall experience. The choice of food was limited but I believe that means the chef can focus on doing things well. This proved to be the case. It was lovely to see the choice of Georgian and Moldovan wines. I would recommend the kvass if a soft drink is preferred. i look forward to a return visit.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Home-cooked Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just visited this restaurant May 17, 2012. We used our Groupon voucher, but I have to say their lunch and dinner specials are also quite good deals! I had the Cossacks Beef Casserole and my partner had the Grigory Rasputin Pork. We were both pleased with the quality of our mains and the mashed potatoes and homemade sauerkraut were delicious additions. For desert we had the traditional Russian cake with honey and cream. On a slow evening, the restaurant was staffed by just woman, and she did an amazing job! On the way out, we were given some Russian cookies as a parting gift. Overall, great experience! Also, as a Groupon user, this is one of the few occasions were we felt that we were not treated as "less important" than full paying customers, and for this we are grateful.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I visited Rasputin restuarant while visiting our family in Marham. irena and her husband made us so welcome and took us through the menu. I am vegetarian and the choices were amazing..The meal was delicious and different ,the hosts are so proud of producing national dishes using home grown material. We went for evening meal but would go back for the lunch with the family, theya re very child friendly and there was a lot on themenu i would have liked the children to try.Such a change from the usual meals around of chicken, steak and chips with everything!!!!Dont be put of by the entrance and stairs the retuarant is clean and open once you get there.Also try the russian grocery just a few doors down, amazing selection of flavoured vodkas used as apperitifs and with the starters. enjoy!

• Visited April 2012