“Lovely place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MYRTLE HOUSE BED & BREAKFAST

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheringham
MYRTLE HOUSE BED & BREAKFAST
You added MYRTLE HOUSE BED & BREAKFAST to your Saves list
27-29 Nelson Road, Sheringham NR26 8BU, England   |
Ranked #3 of 34 Sheringham B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have just returned from a lovely two night stay at Myrtle House in Sheringham. It is very homely, clean and decorated to a high standard. The owners Diane, Debbie and Steve are very friendly and helpful. It is well equipped, there is even a fridge you can use for chilled drinks if you decide to bring a takeaway back to eat in the dining room. There is access from the back garden to a lovely coastal walk and it is not far to walk into Sheringham sea front. We will definately stay again if in the area and I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've recently returned from our 6th visit which speaks for itself. Myrtle House is cosy, comfortable, relaxing and spotlessly clean. Diane, Debbie and Steve are friendly and helpful. They are a mine of information on what there is to do in the area and, whatever the weather, there is a lot to do.
The location is excellent. It's a short walk from the back garden along the cliffs into Sheringham where there is a selection of pubs and restaurants for evening meals.
Hopefully it won't be too long before we make our 7th visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Based my short stay on the strength of positive comments and feedback on tripadviser and am pleased to say everything exceeded expectation and by some margin. The hosts are informative, helpful and keen to please without being intrusive and the wonderful cooked breakfast will certainly set you up for the day. The rooms were spotless and the homely feel made my stay that extra bit special. Myrtle House is ideally situated for the cliff top walks which are absolutely stunning and a short walk takes you to all the amenities the town centre has to offer. I shall certainly be back later in the year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Somerset, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this quirky cottage style bed and breakfast. We were in one of the 2 upper floor rooms, with sea views in the distance and views over to the cliffs behind the house. It is a really friendly helpful place, and guests are encouraged to use the dining room or outside tables to eat their own food in the evenings. Fresh milk, a microwave, crockery etc are provided. Cooked breakfast is excellent: loads of local produce (so much we had to ask for less after the first day), and fresh fruit available to start. Reasonable value for the seaside at £215 for 3 nights. Why not a 5? The room was a little cramped, whilst having all the basics, and some of the melamine type furniture was becoming just a little worn. The bed was ok, but didn't suit us perfectly: a very personal thing. But the main thing to caution is that the stairs are very steep and the top landing is very narrow, and you do seem very close to the adjacent room. The downstairs twin would be better to anyone without perfect mobility but doesn't have the views.

Room Tip: The downstairs room would avoid steep stairs but miss the views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I came across this lovely BB online while looking for somewhere for my husband and son to stay while on a golfing weekend in sheringham, on contacting Diane, she arranged both the sheringham and royal Cromer golf clubs for me, arranged both the tee offs, and I got them at a reduced price for booking through myrtle house!! As if that wasn't enough, on my husbands and sons arrival, they were given tea and cake, and had it whilst sitting in the garden with wonderful views, blue skies and a lovely warm day..perfect was my husbands text to me!! The beds were comfy, and the room had All the amenities you could want.
Breakfast was plentiful, my son couldn't finish his!! And the hosts were welcoming, friendly and helpful.
There are local pubs within walking distance nearby that serve good food, what more could any man want.
Thanks so much myrtle house, you made my husband and sons weekend so much more enjoyable.
I just hope next time they go I can tag along and enjoy myrtle house too!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My friend and I stayed for three nights at the beginning of May. We came by train and Diane very kindly collected us from the station and took us back on return.

Throughout the trip Diane and Steve were lovely hosts, nothing was too much trouble. Very friendly but not intrusive. The breakfasts were wonderful: lots of choice, freshly prepared and bags of it!

The two rooms were excellent - well thought out to make use of the views all around - including the sky in one room! Neat, clean and tidy and very tasteful.

Lots of information: both verbal and with leaflets etc about the area and things to do.

We were able to bring food back to eat in the dining area which was great as we got quite tired walking around all day and often had food at lunch time so it was lovely to be able to come back and chill with just a snack. Also had the ability to put food in the fridge and, of course, plenty of tea/coffee making facilities.

So - top marks all round and excellent value. A lovely B&B in a lovely spot on the cliffs, good food, ambience etc. Can't fault it! If we are ever in the area again we will most definitely be back and my friend, who lives locally, will be recommending Myrtle to her friends. Well deserved too!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at Myrtle House recently and was most impressed by the service both during the booking period and whilst there, commencing with being met at the station. I was tempted by the offer of single accommodation in a 'double' room, and the use of the dining room throughout the day. I am a vegan with allergies, and I was able to arrange for a suitable, and delicious, breakfast in advance, and to bring home some suitable goodies for my evening meal. The place was well furnished, and spotlessly clean. There was ample provision of relevant local information, and nothing was too much trouble for the owners. I have already booked a return visit for later in the year.

Room Tip: They all looked good to me.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to MYRTLE HOUSE BED & BREAKFAST? Share your experiences!