“Our opion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hooray Henrys Boutique B&B Sheringham

You added Hooray Henrys Boutique B&B Sheringham to your Saves list
Hooray Henrys Boutique B&B Sheringham
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   19 Cromer Road, Sheringham NR26 8AB, England   |
Ranked #7 of 36 Sheringham B&B and Inns
Gainsborough, England, United Kingdom
“Our opion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed hear a few weeks ago for three nights. I was amazed to read a bad review. Hear is our review of our excellent stay. We received a very warm welcome from all three lovely people who run Hoorays. Excellent quirky rooms with space and lovely touches such as homemade flapjack and jelly babies renewed every day and a free newspaper. It was spotlessly clean with an extremely comfortable bed and a decent TV. You can come and go as you please and the staff always go out of their way to make you feel welcomed, also a good source of local advice. Parking on site makes for a relaxed time with lots of options locally to avoid driving if you wish to such as the train station just up the road defiantly worth a visit. Breakfast was Amazing! and you are definitely spoilt for choice with all the lovely fresh fruit. A variety of hot choices all cooked to order. The Norfolk breakfasts were delicious with poached eggs just cooked to perfection. Also available is grilled kipper on the bone, they also do poached egg and smoked haddock, I can recommend this. You have to smile because it is always served with a smile by owners Jan & Emma. The "Bring me sunshine" lyrics painted around the dining room add to a very pleasant breakfast experience. The location is very good with a pleasant walk into town or to the seaside. Also there are lots of good pubs and eating places within walking distance. On the whole a lovely & friendly & very attentive to the needs of their guests....Would definitely stay again....Thank you

Room Tip: Room at the front was not noisy and well very light.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Well looked after by very nice mother & daughter combo. Comfortable and tasteful rooms, clean as a whistle. We even managed a chuckle about the "rogue" review below - attention seekers by the looks of it - not sure how big their appetite was bit the superb breakfast was a challenge to finish - all we were offered was more if we wished for it..:-)

Interesting layouts with modern style and "Bring me sunshine" lyrics painted around the dining room.

Easily walkable into Sheringham as we did for the evening,.

Only comment would be that was a little noisy with traffic as is on the main road - regretted not asking for a fan (as offered btw).

All round - v. pleasant stay and would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room at the back of the hotel if you can - esp in summer.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

A delightful welcome to a lovely, comfortable hotel. I only stayed one night but the owners were so welcoming. The room was extremely clean and comfortable, very well appointed with everything you could need for a stay. Amazing choice at breakfast. The funniest thing for me was to have my order for breakfast taken by one person and then have it served by her slightly older doppelganger. Mother and daughter look so incredibly alike. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the area.

Room Tip: I would imagine that every room would be great. Even though I was in a room facing the road I slept...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

we spent four nights at hooray henrys sheringham as part of our holiday.we found our room very clean with a comfortable bed c/w jelly babies and emmas home made flapjack.the location was perfect for us and the breakfasts, served with a smile by owners jan and emma were very tasty with a good choice.we would recommend hooray henrys to any of our friends and family who were looking to stay in this area.

Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Well if you want somewhere different in a nice way this is the place, stayed there two nights, rooms clean and very comfortable, owners super people, go out of their way to please, take a look at the website does what it says on the tin, great breakfast great choice, and something the big boys don't do, a perfectly grilled kipper on the bone for breakfast , they also do poached egg and smoked haddock, that will be on the menu for my next visit. no problem in recommend Hooray Henrys, enjoy your stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Spent two nights - warm welcome, very comfortable room and bed , very clean. Breakfast was very good choice and more than filling. Would certainly return and stay again - probably not the cheapest but certainly excellent value for money

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Having read Amy's review on here and the owner' response, I would be very happy to be a witness in the case. There are no lies, inaccuracies or untruths in Amy's review. However, in the owner's response there are a number. At no time did I and my companion say we would be coming back to Hooray Henry's (in fact we discussed actively that if we did return we would find somewhere else to stay).As for giving the Holkham room a glowing review as the owner says, I think the owner exaggerates somewhat. We were polite and thanked the staff on departure which I think is only fair and they were always polite to us. Glowing review, I think not.
The cooked breakfast's were nice, if a little on the small side for a large appetite. However, I can testify to the truth of Amy's remark regarding the insect in the fruit as I saw it myself over the breakfast table.
I wasn't aware of the room mix ups as I was not party to the bookings, however, the room that we had on the 1st floor was not the best I have stayed in by a long chalk. If I had not recently lost weight due to having two rounds of open heart surgery, I would have found it very difficult to squeeze between the end of the bed and the wall on the side of the bathroom. The bed itself was propped up by some kind of mechanism in the centre which ensured that you rolled to the edge of the bed by the morning.
I have not read the review on Booking.com but I have had had enough experience in the law to advise the owner only to accept a no win no fee with this case!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
hoorayhenrys, Owner at Hooray Henrys Boutique B&B Sheringham, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Unbelievable! Thank goodness for all of our lovely genuine guests.

Been to Hooray Henrys Boutique B&B Sheringham? Share your experiences!