“Freindly and welcoming” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Freindly and welcoming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We visited the Tyneside Club whilst spending a few days in Sheringham. The beer was excellent, the staff, décor and cleanliness very good.

There is an extensive menu for such a small restaurant, I decided on the Crab salad, unfortunately even though the Crab salad is advertised as a special on a very big sign on the bar, there is no Crab to be had mid week. I went for the prawn salad instead, lots of small prawns in a cocktail sauce, with a few bigger prawns placed on top. Small prawns ok, no taste at all in the bigger prawns, simply cosmetic garnish. A passable salad but not worth the cost. My husband ordered the Scampi and chips. Scampi overcooked, a tiny portion of oven chips and poor quality frozen peas on one half of the plate, lettuce tomato and a spring onion on the other half of the plat. Not good.

The food served is advertised in a way to lead you to believe it is fresh home cooked, I feel everything served is pre cooked bought in from a catering company, heated and served.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“A friendly refuge from the tourist traps of Sheringham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I've visited Sheringham many times over the last ten years and never ventured in. Tyneside seemed an odd name (see the website for explanation) and I assumed it was a locals club. How wrong I was! I walked in to a warm welcome back in April and I will always visit now every time I am in Sheringham. The first thing I noticed was how incredibly clean everywhere was. Here, unlike the pubs in Sheringham, people talked to me; both tourists and locals alike. The service was excellent and there was a good range of well kept real ale. I have not eaten at the club yet but I certainly intend to so during my forthcoming visit. I highly recommend a visit; I wish somebody had given me that advice ten years ago.

norfolk
“A local view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Dees diner is a must whether you fancy a light snack or full dinner. As a local we use the Tyneside a lot and my partner very often has something to eat from Dee. The baps are lovely and fresh and the Sunday Lunches are not to be missed. All vegetables are fresh and the majority of the food is home made. I personally love the home made quiche. The range of desserts is excellant especially the strawberry meringue!. Above everything though is the excellant service from Dee herself and Leanne.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Dees diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Excellant home cooking at good prices. Situated in a working mans club but worth the visit. Dee is lovely and vivacious. Food hot and tasty

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great atmosphere and the Hostess is so welcoming and her home cooked food is fabulous. You need to be signed in but that is no trouble for the very friendly locals that frequent the club. Will most certainly be stopping by when next in Sheringham.

Visited March 2014