“Unique in North Norfolk” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Holt
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: I am very surprised that this restaurant is not yet listed. We have had lunches several times there and their food and service are amongst the top of those already listed in the area. I trust that they deserve to be included in your database.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Unique in North Norfolk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Waitress/waiter service excellent, they are knowledgable about their menu. Flexible concerning food allergies or vegetarian or vegan.
High quality food, a lot is organic and grown locally. Beautifully presented with sensible portion sizes. Food prepared to order. The menu is not too large but many of the dishes are attractively different from the norm.
Clean and attractive eating area with a very lovely al fresco outside if the weather permits.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, lovely building, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Title says it all really, lovely little cafe / restaurant attached to the farm shop (which had a great range of goods, recommended). Had a lunch here with my fiancée - Hot pork ciabatta with apple jelly and crackling... DELICIOUS! My fiancée had the soup of the day (caramelised squash and ginger) with a half sandwich (cheese, chutney and sun dried tomato), both of which were very good. Finished up with a couple of coffees which tasted great. The cakes were very tempting, but we were full by that time!

One of the best places in the area to sample top quality, local, organic ingredients put to VERY good use.

Highly recommended!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beccles, England, United Kingdom
“farm shop with a difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

have visited several times , staff always friendly and very helpful, excellent products on sale, meat products particularly good- both quality and price. restaurant is the real difference as it is among the best around with very good food served by happy staff in a truly atmospheric building( ok I like old buildings)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A Christmas Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Having visited for the first time in the middle of November we decided to return and sample the festive Christmas lunch. What an absolute delight! The roast turkey with all the trimmings was delicious and wonderfully well presented. It was so good we had to try the pudding - equally delicious. I would have been happy to have served this on Chrismas Day to my own friends and family. Keep up the good work.

Blakeney, United Kingdom
“Going off the boil . . . stretching the organic premium too far.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is our “local” and we were very excited when it opened the cafe/restaurant couple of years ago and have been on many occasions. This morning we thought we’d go there for a birthday brunch after a windy walk on the coast. Aware of the 11am curfew for the breakfast menu (BEWARNED!) we arrived and my wife ran at 10:58, while I parked, ordering two breakfasts. A few minutes later we were told we could not have breakfast it was after 11am! After saying we’d go to Byfords in Holt (who server breakfast until 12) they relented and breakfast was served.
Two organic English breakfasts tasted delicious, but were not extensive (perfect for my wife, but left me wanting more, especially as I had missed breakfast for a blow-out brunch!) – two small pieces of bacon, one smallish sausage, one egg, two mushrooms, a small hash brown and one tomato all for £10.95 seems to be riding the “organic premium” a little too far. Coupled with two coffees and two orange juices there was little change from £34.

Just to top it off, when I tried to connect to the WiFi I was told it was not for customer use, I could, you might suggest, have used mobile internet, but for the patchy reception in parts of North Norfolk.

All in all the overall customer experience is waning, I do hope they pull it back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere