“Fun lunch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Plantation

The Plantation
Cherry Lane Garden Centre A140 Trunk Road /Norwich Road, Pulham Market, Diss IP21 4XP, England
01379 527117
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 59 Restaurants in Diss
Cuisines: English
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fun lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2015 NEW via mobile

Popped into the garden centre and we had a bite to eat at the cafe. The 'melt-in-the-mouth' burger was amazing and cooked to perfection! The coffee was delicious and obviously of very good quality. The area dedicated to children is brilliant-my little ones loved it! We will definitely be returning and recommending!

Visited April 2015

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Unpretentious, wholesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW

Excellent service - very friendly, attentive and smiling staff. All looked super clean. Surprising find in a garden centre. To be recommended.

Visited April 2015
Bungay, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

Having stopped for a snack when heading home. Saw the roasts being served. Looked pretty good so thought we would give it a go.
It was very busy, but the staff were all friendly and made us feel very welcome. We waited around 20 minutes for our meals but wasn't to much of a struggle as we sat outside in the sun with our drinks chatting. When the food arrived, My wife had the chicken breast and was impressed. So much so, she refused to share. A full on, proper chicken breast.
Our friend went for the mushroom stroganoff being a veggie. Well presented and she assured us it tasted even better than it looked. I went for the beef, expecting slightly tough, over cooked meat, was really impressed. Medium rare, melt in the mouth with proper gravy and potatoes! So good!
Yes it's only a garden centre, but will definitely be returning.
Next time I won't be driving and will be having a beer with my lunch. Although the coffee is good.
I can't speak for other reviewers but our experience was great and fully recommended plantation here and to our friends.

Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Not impressive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Called in the Plantation for lunch. They were busy, but the service was very slow and we waited for 40 mins to get our meals. The food was tasty and hot, and reasonably priced at £6.95 but the portion size was very small. I had scampi and chips. It was served on a small plate, 10" one", and half of it was salad, mostly leaves with half a cherry tomato, and a little cubed cucumber and pepper. Just 6 pieces of scampi, and a small amount of french fries completed the meal. I do like salad, but I ordered scampi and chips, the salad was half the plate, certainly not a garnish. We do call in regularly usually for coffee and cake after doing some shopping, we wont be calling in again!

• Visited March 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible and will never come back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

I took my wife and 2 young children here today and was very disappointed. The food took nearly an hour to come and was only cheese and ham sandwiches. The food arrives and it was stale white bread with cheap tasteless cheese/ham

• Visited February 2015