“Hidden treasure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Just spent the night here and really enjoyed ourselves. We upgraded to the spa room which was spacious and very modern with a lovely bathroom which had a spa bath and excellent shower with so many shower heads!!
The bar is rather small, but we still manage to get seats, drinks Mmm two glasses of red wine £10.20 Slightly expensive. We ate at 6:30 which is early for us but only had choice of that time or 9:00pm. Starters salmon fish cake, followed by Devine chicken and we finished off with Choc gateaux and raspberry cheesecake. Food was beautiful and staff plentiful and very attentive. We were never rushed and left our table at 8:30.
Breakfast was a pleasure we we're taken to our table and coffee served immediately. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice, we both opted for the full English and we're not disappointed..
All in all lovely place lovely food great staff. Will go definitely go again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
John O, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
delighted you enjoyed Redworth. It was a pleasure looking after you.
regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
Cramlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I booked Redworth for my 40th birthday and my party were on a spa break package which included 1hr treatment, use of all facilities, dinner, bed and breakfast. The spa staff and facilities were excellent it was clean, spacious, the staff were friendly and helpful. I only have one con and that was probably could hire more beauty staff as it was fully booked and we couldn't add extra treatments as all the slots were full. The restaurant food was excellent and my party all commented on how good all the food was as we had a wide range of dishes. The rooms were breath taking when you walked in we had six room in total and they were all different but fabulous. What made the trip for us was the General Manager he took excellent care of us and was on hand to make the whole stay the best experience ever. I cannot wait to go back and take my husband this time to show him how amazing this place really is. I have nicknamed it The Hidden Little Gem of the North.

Room Tip: We were put in a large family room that was more like a suite with separate lounge/dining area, larg...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Wow!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Redworth Hall was the perfect setting for a winter marriage celebration and the attentive staff did a lot to make our guests feel very welcome. From the very first contact I had with Vicki, Redworth's events manager, to Tony, the head of staff in charge of the evening, the employees did a fantastic job.

Because I don't live in the UK, my mother-in-law did the majority of the planning. After a couple of disappointing experiences with other venues in the area, she was surprised and touched by the staff's kindness. She and my father in law were even allowed to tour the hotel and the grounds twice.

As soon as we drove up I was blown away by Redworth Hall's majesty. I'm an American Downton Abbey/the Shining fan and I love all sorts of maze-like castles. (Rumor is the forlorn spirits of the Hall's previous dwellers still stalk the grounds, which really appealed to this horror movie aficionado.) Stepping into the Great Hall was like stepping into another, more grandiose era, and it provided the perfect atmosphere in which we could celebrate our marriage and my parents-in-law's vow renewal.

I have to dedicate an entire paragraph to Tony and the staff. Tony accommodated our every need and kept everything running smoothly, allowing my mother-in-law and I to enjoy ourselves without worry. He walked us through how the evening would go regarding the dinner and the party afterwards, from 5 pm to 11 pm. We had a few decorations we wanted to set down on the tables prior to dinner, just a few Christmas ornaments for our guests to take home, and again the staff accommodated us. They also provided us with an old-fashioned postal box, which added to the atmosphere of the evening and was a great way to keep our greeting cards for safekeeping. Tony kept coming in and checking on everything throughout the dinner and the party, whether it was to move and clear the tables or to stoke the fire.

The Sunday dinner was delicious and the creme brûlée dessert was great. The DJ had contacted us beforehand and he played a lot of our requests without keeping the music monotonous (I like Beyonce and Michael Jackson more than most).

The room we booked that evening also exceeded my expectations. The jacuzzi bathtub was luxurious, and the bed was super comfortable. The breakfast bar also had everything you could ever want after a long night of drinking and dancing, from a full English dinner (complete with black pudding) to fruit and cereal.

All in all, Redworth Hall was everything I imagined it would be and more. I'll always cherish my memories of that evening , and can't wait to visit next time we're in England.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
''Redworth Hall was everything I imagined it would be and more''.
Thank you, a fabulous comment on such a special day. Let me know
for you next visit, there will be a bottle of fizz on ice for you.
kindest regards
Durham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We used to be members of the health club here until 7-8 years ago and cancelled our membership due to the very poor state of the leisure facilities especially the changing rooms and showers.
We recently stayed over and had a reasonable meal but the leisure part was just as bad as ever.
The drinks are very expensive and we found the whole experience very forgettable and won't be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
John O, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at Redworth. I am sorry it was not a great stay. There has been a lot of investment in the hotel over recent years with a lot more to come. Do stay in touch and I would be delighted to update you on these plans.
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Excellent hotel. Had a great weekend stay. All the usual compliments you would expect with a satisfied stay but with the added fact - ALL staff were excellent. Nothing too much trouble, helpful without being over bearing. Excellent staff/guest ratio which is very unusual in these days of cut backs. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks, we are really pleased to get such nice feedback.
Northwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Since moving away from Darlington to Cheshire 7 years ago, we hadn’t been to Redworth Hall Hotel since. So when an Amazon Local offer came in for a two night stay with dinner on the first night plus a bottle of wine for just £165 for two people, curiosity got the better of us and we booked for early January stay. We paid an extra £20 for a Spa deluxe room which was well worth the money. It featured a comfy super king-size bed and a brand-new looking bathroom with multi-directional shower array in a cubicle and separate Jacuzzi-type bath. The room was situated just above the Roman inspired pool area and gym but none of the usual swimming pool smells were experienced. A welcome 2-nighter and a lovely post Christmas lift with good accommodation, food and facilities. The old 1744 fine-dining restaurant has disappeared as has the Conservatory Restaurant but the food in the hotel remains consistently good. I understand that reopening the fine dining restaurant is a possibility in the New Year. Also included in the price was afternoon cream tea (absolutely delicious) served by the open log fire in the reception area. Redworth Hall Hotel is 4-star and well worth a try at these prices

Room Tip: Pay an extra £20 and get a Spa Deluxe bedroom situated in the newer part of the hotel. Well worth th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I hope your relaxing break got the new year off to a great start.
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was very disappointed when I went with my friends to the winter wonderland for our Xmas night out, it was well overpriced, the dance floor was not big enough, the music was rubbish and the so called snow machine was pathetic. What a rip off for £35 and the price of the drinks at the bar was unbelievable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
John O, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Do contact me directly I would be delighted to discuss your parties comments personally
Kindest regards

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!