“BEST CURRY IN THE AREA” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi
Bedford, United Kingdom
“BEST CURRY IN THE AREA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have used this restaurant regularly over many years, the standard is always high and we are always given a great welcome. We have always been very pleased with our food and the welcome we get from the staff. We have tried other Indian restaurants in the area but none even come close to Biggles Tandoori for excellent food.

Visited July 2013

“Delicious food and good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Really surprised to read some of the reviews below. The food and the service were excellent. The staff couldn't have been more attentive, refreshing our drinks and checking everything was ok.

We shared curries, all of which were tasty and not overly spiced - the veg side dishes were delicious.
All in all a pleasant evening and very affordable too. Will be returning soon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Ok but manager needs help how to work”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

On a thursday night me nd my mrs dinned in biggles tandoori we was welcomed by the young happy ladd, ok everything is going perfect! Until the manager i think come to the bar and started shouting this was a shock nd VERYYY RUDE he didnt even say sorry the other two waiters just kept doing there work i will not come here because this man is rude nd does not understand coustomer service but overall it was ok

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Beds
“Seen better days”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was my first visit for approx a year so I wished to determine whether things had changed. To my surprise I was greeted by the same Manager I have known for nearly 20 years. He was friendly as ever but I quickly got the impression that the restaurant is suffering badly due to the recession and local competition.
Just a single waiter was working and I spent a couple of hours there on a weekday evening. They offer a Meal Deal most evenings but, of course, this is not mentioned when seating.
I did enjoy the meal - no complaints. However, the place had a "last rites" feel about it. Throughout my stay the telephone did not ring once and nobody entered at all. The two members of staff were pleasant and polite but there was no atsmosphere, no excitement, no spark. I recall its earlier days with fondness but, very sadly and reluctantly, it needs "putting to sleep".
Hopefully the Sunday buffet is more successful as I have many happy memories of eating here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Very Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food is very tasty and good indian food. It is not at all greasy and is a bit pricey but very nice and good service.

• Visited February 2013